PDA

View Full Version : Anyone jealous? and question

Babycat
23-11-2011, 11:21 AM
ok so Im jealous too but everyone in my house is sleeping! my partner on his day off my wee run down mindee from 9:40 and my DS who never sleeps has dropped for a nap too!! Hard to stay awake lol all paperwork activitues etc done so watchn tv and online :O madness

question.. usually out twice a day am walk in buggy and pm walk/park/forest on foot. is it ok to stay in on a miserable day when mindee is poorly? Id say yes but whats your view with the whole outdoor come rain/shine/healthy activity boom?

kellib
23-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a sleeping mindee too plus an ill son so he's just lying on couch watching tv! It's bliss just now :lol:

Personally I think it's just common sense about going out in all weathers, if you don't think mindee is up to going out then stay in and be cosy together :) Saying that sometimes some fresh air does them the world of good :) It's entirely your call :)

flora
23-11-2011, 12:28 PM
We live on a farm and generally go out in most weathers,

the kids have hats gloves sacrves and a variety of cold weather/ wet gear.

I think untimately common sense must rule. As a family we DON'T feel the cold and my dd was arguing this morning that she didn't want a coat on, I will conceed that was was a bit of a nip in the air this morning so I made her put one on as we went to school.

Got to school to find one of her little friends crying his eyes out as he was sooo cold he wanted to come in off the playground. He was wrapped up like the mitchelin man hat scarf thick gloves the lot , bless him.

So, only you know the kids in your care. If they generally feel the cold in september and wont enjoy outdoor activiities whatever you do to keep them warm I would keep it to a minimum but if like my lot they LOVE being outside go for it :D

sarah707
23-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I give children the choice of going outside and make sure their clothes are right for the weather - but I don't force them out if they do not want to go.

I think it's important to listen to them :D