PDA

View Full Version : Enviromental Health Inspection

claire2211
23-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I have an enviromental Health Inspection booked for next week. I've been registered for 3 years and this is the first I've heard from them. Do they go to all childminders?

Is this something new they've started?

Filled out the pack etc. and have a 'good clean' booked for the weekend but simply cant understand why they would bother? after all we offer a home from home.........

JCrakers
23-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I had one a couple of yrs ago. He only stayed about 10mins.

Don't worry too much, as long as your kitchen is clean it will be fine. I was advised to get a fridge therometer and take and record the temp everyday which is a pain.

Some people are advised to have two sinks in their kitchen for handwahsing but its not necessary, The expense of getting a double sink plumbed in is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Sometimes a probe for cooked meat is advised to ensure its cooked through.

:D

Velleity
23-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't get those meat probes. I put one into a chicken leg and the temperature went really high - higher than it said online that it needed to be, yet when I cut it open, blood came out onto the plate :angry:

zippy
23-11-2011, 09:18 PM
your food probe may gave been in farenheight instead of celsius, most can be switched from one to other, google instructions for model you have