PDA

View Full Version : Help please

handeme
23-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I have a 1 year old that started with me in September, settled really well no problems.

Anyway since then mum has changed her hours so he only comes two days now and they are not two days in a row. As well as this he has had time off on holiday and quite a few days/weeks off unwell.

He has been unsettled recently but he came yesterday as was really unsettled, he just wanted to be cuddled and carried around all day, if you put him down or you gave another child attention he screamed.

Ive told mum and she said he was fine with grandma and at home so he was just unsettled here.

My son has a lung condition and is always coming on and off medication it is nothing contagious but this mum has found the need to indicate to other mums that maybe my home and son are the result of her sons illnesses and also all over a social networking site.

There are always viruses, colds and bugs going around which I can not help.

What would you do?

C x

candy cat
23-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I would have it out with her as not good for your business.....If it still continues then I would give notice. If we bad mouthed parents on facebook we would have Ofsted knocking at our doors wouldn't we.....works both ways.....is she a friend on FB? i don't have parents in my list of friends as don't want to mix business and pleasure.......hang on a minute maybe their slating me:laughing: x

pinky33
23-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If she isn't happy then get rid before she hands in notice!
Parents will never take responsibility for a part in their child not settling in.
Just say in light of the fact your comments are defamatory to my character here's your notice with ammediate effect. And she's lucky your not taking it further.
Maybe in future she will think before she runs her mouth off as then you will make it clear her actions have implications.

handeme
23-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah she is, only because we used to work together years ago and we became friends on ther long before i started to mind for her.

I have received a message from her today sayng that due to the fact her little boy is ill all the time he now had fluid behind his ears and therefore has a slight hearing problem. She said that the hospital have said this can make them irriatable.

My concern with this is should this be a long term thing which it is going to be, I am unable to give the other children the attnetion they need because of he takes up all my time being unsettled.

I am really struggling with what to do

sarah707
23-11-2011, 06:05 PM
My confidentiality policy states that confidentiality of personal circumstances is a 2 way thing.

If parents give out details about me or my children I would feel justified to give notice.

I hope you can sort it out amicably xx

manjay
23-11-2011, 06:12 PM
My confidentiality policy states that confidentiality of personal circumstances is a 2 way thing.

If parents give out details about me or my children I would feel justified to give notice.

I hope you can sort it out amicably xx

Absolutely:thumbsup:

handeme
23-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks ladies, I feel sick to the stomach!

C x

miffy
23-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I think I'd have to talk to her about what she put on face book - she needs to know respecting people's personal details cuts both ways.

With the child not settling I'd try (if you feel you can) to give it a few more weeks and see if things get better - if not then you will have to think about giving notice.

Hope you can sort things out

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
23-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I would NOT be happy about her talking to other people and putting it on FB about my personal details and I would NOT be happy about her inferrences.
My confidentially policy states that its a 2 way street.
I would be tackling her to and expecting an apology at the very least.

handeme
24-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Well we've spoke and she has said she didn't mean her comments in that way.

I have also tackled the fact that her little boy has become unsettled. I said if he is unsettled today the way he was the last time he was here then we will have to have a chat about how to go forward because I have to put the other children into the picture and the care they are getting when he is unsettled. This then turned into a huge upset because she thought I was saying I couldn't care for him anymore.