PDA

View Full Version : Had my pre reg visit this morning

claire250182
22-11-2011, 08:04 PM
One word - HORRENDOUS!!!!
She came in and I asked her to sign my visitor's book and she was really funny with me. "What do you want me to sign that for? Nobody has asked me to sign that before" etc....
I thought I was doing the right thing in asking her, as this is what I will be doing when I am minding!!

She asked me loads and loads of questions (it must've been over 30 odd) on the EYFS and some of them were really in depth questions. I really struggled with some of these so I really had to think on the spot and improvise. I struggled learning the framework so couldn't remember much.

It just felt so awkward, both sat their in silence with her waiting for me to give her an answer. It lasted just over 2 hours and she has put me down as suitable and is giving me 4 children (I have 2 of my own aged 4 months and 2 yrs).

I have spent hours upon hours doing my portfolio and I have really put a lot of effort in and she didn't even ask to see it! All she asked to see was my RA.

I do not want to go through that again anytime soon. So glad it's over xxx

sarah707
22-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I am so sorry you had a bad experience it really shouldn't be like that :(

It's very professional of you to have a visitors book - not a requirement but good practice so don't let the inspector put you off.

Hugs xx

Shamai
22-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Aw poor you Claire, sounds like she got out of the wrong side of the bed.

I think you done brilliantly asking her to sign your visitor's book as it shows you are following procedures etc. - what a strange reaction from her. As for the awkward silences, I had a few of those but mine either put the question differently for me or gave me gentle reminders. As for paperwork, mine wasn't looked at either which I was surprised at.

At least you survived and came out the other side - well done :clapping: x

miffy
22-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry you had such an awful experience but hey you must have done something right as you've passed and got your maximum numbers :thumbsup:

Hopefully you won't ever see her again!

Miffy xx

holly555
06-12-2011, 06:05 PM
One word - HORRENDOUS!!!!
She came in and I asked her to sign my visitor's book and she was really funny with me. "What do you want me to sign that for? Nobody has asked me to sign that before" etc....
I thought I was doing the right thing in asking her, as this is what I will be doing when I am minding!!

She asked me loads and loads of questions (it must've been over 30 odd) on the EYFS and some of them were really in depth questions. I really struggled with some of these so I really had to think on the spot and improvise. I struggled learning the framework so couldn't remember much.

It just felt so awkward, both sat their in silence with her waiting for me to give her an answer. It lasted just over 2 hours and she has put me down as suitable and is giving me 4 children (I have 2 of my own aged 4 months and 2 yrs).

I have spent hours upon hours doing my portfolio and I have really put a lot of effort in and she didn't even ask to see it! All she asked to see was my RA.

I do not want to go through that again anytime soon. So glad it's over xxxHiya your not the only one that has went through that lol. It happened to me today and like yourself felt awkward and i have spent hours on my policys which are not up to scratch so i have to do a few of them again. I have e ebook which i thought was a great help but she told me it was all wrong . So no pass for me and now confused at exactly whats right and whats wrong

Pauline
06-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Aww that makes me so sad. :(

Thankfully that sort of inspector is rare so the odds are in your favour of getting one of the nicer ones in the future.

Well done, you should be proud of yourself..:thumbsup:

waterwaybabies
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
i am so sorry you had a horrorbag!
mine was lovely. really easy to talk with and not patronising at all.
she left after only one hour saying she had seen enough and was not going to try to teach her granny to suck eggs.lol.x

JennaG
08-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Hiya your not the only one that has went through that lol. It happened to me today and like yourself felt awkward and i have spent hours on my policys which are not up to scratch so i have to do a few of them again. I have e ebook which i thought was a great help but she told me it was all wrong . So no pass for me and now confused at exactly whats right and whats wrong

Awee no, sorry luv, hopefully next time you will pass xx

JennaG
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Glad you passed Claire and sorry you had a awful one, Mine was lovely - shame their not all the same hey xx

wonderwoman80
09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Mine was ok but did ask loads of questions and was constantly typing on her computer. A friend of mine had hers yesterday did write or type anything and there 20 mins! Seems so unfair, really is the luck of the draw!