PDA

View Full Version : Pre-registered and fed up :(

stargazer1
22-11-2011, 01:47 PM
My application has been in for what seems like an age. I phoned last week and was told I am just awaiting an appointment from my inspector to do my inspection. All my and my partner's checks have been back clear for weeks. I tried to stress to the CSSIW last week that I have two boys that I said I could take in January (when I spoke to the Mums, January was so far away that I thought I would be registered way before then). They will basically give me work all week so I really dont want to lose them. They are starting the local playgroup and need a childminder in my town so if I can't take them then I will lose them to someone else, which I really don't want to do. I am not working at the moment (at the end of my maternity leave I decided to stay home and train as a childminder rather than return to work) so I have no income. The man I spoke to at CSSIW was very helpful and said he would get my inspector to phone me with an idea of when she could come and see me but I have heard nothing. I help out with two friends' children three days a week, which I cannot charge for, so I am effectively working three long days for nothing. I have had to buy a few bits in preparation for inspection and being registered but there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, I just feel that so much time is being wasted. I have no idea whether she is likely to get to me this side of Christmas (I sincerely hope so but have no idea of whether I am being realistic). Feel really down in the dumps about it all at the moment. Sorry, rant over!!!! :panic:

debbie1
22-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi hun i asked the same question and a nice lady responded saying from giving paperwork in it could be as long as 6 months i hope not debbiex:(

sarah707
22-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I thought Wales / CSSIW were usually quicker than that Amydan.

I would suggest you keep chasing at least once a week from now on just so they don't forget you!

Good luck :D

EmmaReed84
22-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I thought Wales / CSSIW were usually quicker than that Amydan.

I would suggest you keep chasing at least once a week from now on just so they don't forget you!

Good luck :D

I was going to suggest the same thing, but would have said a couple of days. Annoy the pants off them so they think "Ugh get that woman sorted and off the phone" lol

manjay
23-11-2011, 12:51 PM
CSSIW aim to have you registered within 6 months of you handing in your paperwork. My complete application took 12 months and that was 4 years ago.

You may be lucky and get an inspector who is prepared to come out and see you quickly but as with most agencies at the moment resources are thin on the ground for CSSIW.

Not that that helps and I honestly know how frustrating it can be. I would pester until you get to speak to the inspector you have been assigned to and then at least they should be able to give you a timescale.

tulip0803
23-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I agree wih Manjay about hassling. My application took 11 months in 2008. The good news is that after your inspector comes out if all is well you should be registered within 2-3 weeks fingers crossed:rolleyes: . I got a phone call to say I was registered from that date and gave me my reg number - unlike England the certificate comes a bit later after translation!

However the inspectors in our area have a lot of work and now there are 3 other CSSIW offices closing and moving to my local office over the next few months so here it is going to be chaos for a while.

Polly2
03-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Hope it gets sorted soon :(