PDA

View Full Version : Best way to advertise on Facebook

Loushah
21-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi...just recently become OFSTED registered and I want to advertise my places on facebook but haven't handed my notice in at work yet, so don't want work colleagues to see.

What is the best way to do this?

Becci26
22-11-2011, 07:39 AM
TBH I would avoid FB until everyone knows, I've got a FB page for my business but don't think it will actually generate any work as it will take quite a while to get 'likes'. I would concentrate on advertising elsewhere, such as childcare.co.uk xx

Tink
22-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I've recently set up a Facebook page but it's set for parents to view only, to give them information. Your best advertisement is word of mouth and if you have a flyer/poster/business card, ask local businesses to display them for you. Also try your local children's centre ours is really good. HTH

Ripeberry
22-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Once you get established you could maybe join a facebook group. For example in our county we have a group that covers several villages and towns and parents can put their requirements on there and automatic messages go out to all the CMs in the facebook group.
They use it to advertise spaces as well :)

Loushah
22-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you all for your advice...I updated my status informing people that I am an OFSTED registered childminder and put a link to my childcare.co.uk page.

I blocked all my work colleagues from seeing it. So hopefully they don't find out :panic:

I couldn't find a childminder group in the Solihull area, might be worth setting one up when I am more established, really good idea.

I will definately have to get some flyers, posters and business cards....where do you get them from? do you design your own?

Ripeberry
22-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Vista print is good value. You can design your own on-line :thumbsup: