PDA

View Full Version : I exp, weected this but it still hurts!!

jadavi
21-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Everyone always talks about being let down by people and their rudeness so I have sort of been expecting something...

Mum pays £20 to get my details on childcare. rings me excitedly to meet, we
have a great first visit, promises to start progress towards child weaning/or her expressing milk. we arrange for me to go round following week for a long getting to know lo session at her house..
I have to cancel for a genuine reason and we leave it that I'll go again asap She was fine about it

Since then no reply to text or voice mail. Its extremely likely that she cant face the separation (child only 4 months) and nothing to do with me at all. But why not tell me?

Its the rudeness that gets me.

She was a nice person, not the sort you'd think would be rude at all.

Its like people can hide behind the phone/email but wouldnt be like that face to face

I just feel badly treated and it has brought me down..
Thanks for reading

ja xx

The Juggler
21-11-2011, 10:16 PM
you know strange things happen. this once happened to a friend of mine. turned out several months later mum called her, the baby had had to go into hospital for a heart op :eek: i know she COULD have called but sometimes I think we get low down the list of priorities. Alternatively could just be plain rudeness:p

chalk it down to expeirence hon and get re-advertising :)

jadavi
22-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks, I doubt very much its due to illness. She's a busy career lady running a business from home.

For whatever reason she has decided for now not to pursue it - which is fine of course, but why is it so difficult to do the decent thing? Baffling ....

Cheers, Juggler,

rickysmiths
22-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I have found this happens more and more often. I had a couple come at beginning of Oct. Implied they wanted to sign but were moving the following week and would be in touch, so relieved to find someone etc etc. I emailed no response.

I emailed this morning to see if they were still looking.

Guess who I bumped into this morning at toddlers?!!! She went very red and said the child had started at Day Nursery because she wanted her to mix with more children and both sets of grandparents will have her one day a week each even though one set lives at least a 2hr drive away, I can see that happening in the snow and ice!!! I said well that's why I come to toddlers twice a week! She hadn't had the manners to let me know even though they spent two hours with me when they came to visit!!! She wittered on about coming to me when the child goes to school in Sept for before and after care!!! No a chance, I wouldn't take her on she can ask her dear Nursery to do it and see how far she gets.:thumbsup:

I have to say though I have only been registered with Childcare.co for a few months and I have had a number of enquirers and visits but not one contract signed and they rarely ever say thank you or contact to say they have made other arrangements. These parents often trail around every Nursery and lots and lots of cms and then never end up using any of us. I find it very rude and continue to fill my spaces with families who contact me through FIS or personal recommendation.

sarah707
22-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I have had a couple recently who were only here to look at what I do before registering themselves :rolleyes:

If they had asked I would have gladly helped them :(

Hugs xx

Jiorjiina
23-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I have had a couple recently who were only here to look at what I do before registering themselves :rolleyes:

This is actually what we were advised to do on our intro course!

I have to say, I never felt comfortable with the idea.