PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a cleaner?

Becci26
21-11-2011, 12:37 PM
As the title says, do you employ a cleaner? If so, how often do they come and how much do you get them to do?

I have always wanted a cleaner as I hate housework with a passion :blush: and now I could put some of it against expenses thought now might be a good time to do it!

miffy
21-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Nope - I'd have to tidy up first so they could clean! :laughing:

Miffy xx

christine e
21-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Nope - I'd have to tidy up first so they could clean! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Me too :laughing:

Katiekoo
21-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes! And I couldn't be happier! She comes an hour a week, after hours, she charges £10 per hour.
In that time she hoovers through, clean kitchen and bathroom floors and surfaces, cleans microwave, she dusts and wipes down the skirting boards. . She provides her own products and brings her own hoover coz ours is heavy, she brings a steam mop for the kitchen and bathroom floors.

The best thing though is that she has children herself and doesn't mind moving mine's toys out of the way to clean

Brilliant, I would say get a good one who you can trust and who is prepared to cope with a few muddles!

marnieb
21-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I LOVE my cleaner!!!

She comes on a Monday am when 2 are at pre-school so i just have the baby so I take her to soft play or for a walk. I have her come then so there is no tidying to do!! :laughing:

In 2.5 hrs she cleans kitchen & bathroom, changes mine & kids beds, vacums & dusts everywhere & does a bit of the ironing!!!

I got her as I work 5 days full-time atm, and was sick of spending my weekends doing the housework instead of spending time with my own kids.

Worth every penny!!!!

nokidshere
21-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Yes i have one and Yes we have to tidy up before she arrives!

She does 3 hours on a Friday Morning - I dont work fridays - and cleans the whole house. She brings her own products and hoover and charges 7.50 an hour.

I like hte fact that we have to tidy up before she arrives. Not only does it keep the clutter down to a minimum but it also means that when she has cleaned the place looks fantastic because there is nothing hanging about either. I would be miffed if someone cleaned the place and there was stuff all over and you couldn;t tell properly :laughing:

Best thing I ever did!

boxtree7
21-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I love my cleaner - she fully appricated............ I pay £20.00 for 2 hours. I love someone hoovering for me. We do tidy up before she comes.:thumbsup:

jane5
21-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I have just started having a cleaner, my grown up daughter.

She comes on a friday morning, cleans the kitchen, bathroom and hovers the stairs.

The only problem is though because I dont see her as much as I would like, I am always saying stop and have a cuppa or she is playing with her little sister ;)

It is nice to have my house clean for the week end and will always have a cleaner now:thumbsup:

linda2girls
21-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I love my cleaner too.

She charges £6.50 an hour and comes on a Friday afternoon for 3 hours. I think she is Romanian and she works really hard for her money, doesn't even stop for a drink or chat (unlike my last cleaner!!).

I work 52 hours a week and have 2 children of my own, so I keep the house tidy but I leave the cleaning to her.

Linda.

jadavi
21-11-2011, 07:01 PM
The only problem if you wanna put it on expenses she/he has to go thru the books and most cleaners I've had don;t want that...hence we have a cleaner but don't declare her.

sarah707
21-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't be without my cleaner... I don't mind tidying up for her it keeps the house in some sort of order :laughing:

:D

mandy moo
21-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Would love one!! just cant justify it at the mo :(

Just out of intrest what do people pay their cleaner per hour? and does it depend on what part of the country you live in as to what the hourly pay maybe?

jamiebec2000
21-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello all,

Is anyone in Lincoln? if so can they recommend a good cleaner?

Thanks

jane5
22-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Would love one!! just cant justify it at the mo :(

Just out of intrest what do people pay their cleaner per hour? and does it depend on what part of the country you live in as to what the hourly pay maybe?

I have had some quotes from cleaning firms and they tend to be an average of about £15 per hour. The bonus of them coming is they are all crb checked and 2 will come in so a 3 hour clean only takes 1 1/2 hours.

I think the going rate where I live is about £7 ph if not with a firm. I have my daughter but I dont think I could justify paying a cleaning firms rate.