PDA

View Full Version : just had feed back from a visiting parent ...

Pixie dust
20-11-2011, 09:43 PM
A parent who came to visit a couple of weeks ago has just e-mailed to say thanks but she has decided to go with another childminder for her little girl as they had a more nursery feel to their environment. Not really sure what to think!
Surely if you want a nursery you go to a nursery.

The Juggler
20-11-2011, 09:55 PM
some parents like the combo of a very structured nursery type environment , even within a home setting. don't be too disappointed. there are lots of parents out there who prefer it less structured and thats' where you will be happy.

with these parents you would probably have ended up needng to document every activity, move and morsel of food. their loss honey xx

Maza
20-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Just a case of 'horses for courses'. At least she didn't say anything bad about your setting. Hope someone else comes along soon. x

Ripeberry
20-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Someone perfect for you will come along soon :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
20-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys I do already have 3 lovely families I work with. I think it has just thrown me a bit with the nursery comment.

Pipsqueak
20-11-2011, 10:23 PM
A parent who came to visit a couple of weeks ago has just e-mailed to say thanks but she has decided to go with another childminder for her little girl as they had a more nursery feel to their environment. Not really sure what to think!
Surely if you want a nursery you go to a nursery.

its all to do with the brainwashing that has so expertly been performed by previous governments which say that children should and need a nursery to acheive.
so many parents out there don't understand let alone 'get' the amazing value that a learn with mother at home style care can provide.
I am of the generation (perhaps the last) that remembers being at home with mum before school and actually learning stuff at her knee - joining in doing the baking, helping look after my little sister, going to the shops and handing over money for shopping or my sweeties, tootling to the park.... no structure, no formality just learning with my mum - just what a childminding environment should be!

My dance school teacher - she sent her child to a colleague - an old school ex-nursery teacher, whom whilst lovely was VERY formal in caring for children - she had 18month old sitting down at the table drawining and colouring between the lines... my dance teacher thinks this is wonderful!

Tatjana
21-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Put it out of your mind, you don't want to be like a nursery or for your home to look like one so there's nothing to worry about.

Maybe the parent wanted a nursery but found cm's cheaper so that's what she was looking for.....although sounds rather silly imo!

miffy
21-11-2011, 07:41 AM
It is her loss and hopefully someone who appreciates your home from home environment will come along soon

Miffy xx

snufflepuff
21-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Just try to forget about it! I'm proud of the fact that you can't really tell just by looking at my home that I am a childminder (as long as I take down my certificate and parents poster!) If a parent wants a nursery style setting then that's fine but they won't find any of that in what is first and foremost my HOME!

ziggy
21-11-2011, 10:48 AM
A friend of mine sent her child to nursery because they had a 'trained chef' lol, it takes all sorts :)

kellib
21-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I've given up trying to understand what parents want!

I had a lovely woman and her baby visit me last week, the baby totally took me to which the mum admitted was rare as he is usually shy with new people. Visit was very positive etc then got a txt from Mum a few days later saying that even though the baby took a real shine to me she's decided to go with someone else, one of my neighbours.

Can only assume my neighbour (didn't know anyone else here was also a childminder :laughing: ) is cheaper!

mummyMia
21-11-2011, 01:24 PM
its all to do with the brainwashing that has so expertly been performed by previous governments which say that children should and need a nursery to acheive.

I completely agree! So many people have already asked me when I am sending my 18 month old dd to nursery. I just give them a funny look and say I am not sending her!

JCrakers
21-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I will never know what parents want...:rolleyes:
I had a lovely family visit me a couple of months ago...didnt want a nursery but they were keeping their options open and visiting one.
Loved it here, were very keen, said it was what they were looking for and didnt really like the nursery they had seen although it was next to the train station. My house is a 10min walk from station.

They went for the nursery because it was closer....nothing like going with whats best for the child...lol

caz3007
21-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I had a parent who wasnt happy with her LO being in the local nursery and being a 'number' was what she said. We got on well but she rang the next day and said she had chosen a CM who ran similar to a nursery. I did think after that she would probably have given me loads of hassle.