PDA

View Full Version : flourcents or not?

mushpea
20-11-2011, 06:13 PM
as its road saftey week and because I have a newbie schoolie starting I am going to talk and do activities on road saftey with the older 2 this week,, they are 6yrs and 5yrs we walk beside a fairly busy road on the way home so now its getting darker i was going to introduce the flourcents (the children I had last year wore them and the over 8is wore armbands),, they wear them when we are out at parks etc in the school hols and the 6yr old dosent have a problem with wearing one but do you think they are too old? do I get them wear them but if they have the mick taken at school stop the tabards and ask them to wear bright armbands or do I just go for the armbands while they are at school,, they will still wear the tabbards at parks as i want to be able to see them,
what age do yours wear them till?

WibbleWobble
20-11-2011, 06:49 PM
All mine wear them.....0 to 10 years.

we call them "life jackets" and i give the older kids the job of making sure the little ones have theirs on. the elsest lad tries to "forget" to put his on but the small ones dont let him get away with it.

its very dark at the pick up time....and they all wear dark coats.

i also said it was a law they had to wear them.....the queen had said so...

they dont believe me but it makes them laugh when i insist its true!

mandy xxxx

loocyloo
20-11-2011, 07:12 PM
mine all HAVE to wear them now its getting darker! no matter how old they are!

i did have sashes for the older ones, but prefer the waistcoats! i just have the sashes for when i run out of waistcoats ( or a child with a HUGE coat, that can't get a waistcoat on! )

Nature'sKids!
20-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Lol i was really intrigued as to what " flour cents" were.
I've just been looking at some fluorescent / reflective / led
Armbands, tabards and stickers. I need some fir my ds' bike and helmet, he's already got a waistcoat but I need something for myself that will fit over me and lo who I carry on my back.
I really like the idea of getting some custom made for when I start cm, with my website or name printed on them.

mushpea
20-11-2011, 09:25 PM
sadly i am useless at spelling lol my waist coats have 'i am with my childminer' and my number on them