PDA

View Full Version : OMG i have not done ....

Rach30
16-05-2008, 04:19 PM
This is me NOT panicing lol.......
Ok inspection next weeek and i have realised that i have never done a fire evac - should i make one up ?? and i dont have much written planning but i do plan mainly in my head but have loads of photos to prove what i do.

scottie
16-05-2008, 04:36 PM
it's not making one up

take five min and think where are you going to have the children what areas ie living room then think if you needed to get children out of room quickly

how ?-which exit point how do you check all are accounted for and once out of the room where do you go 'safe point'and do that for each room that is going to be used.

try and get some planning down on paper as ofsted can't look into your head

but most important DON'T PANIC:D

Rach30
16-05-2008, 04:55 PM
i have one on paper but i meant that i had never practiced it with the kids :panic:

sarah707
16-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Do at least 3 on Monday... make sure every child is involved at least twice :D

Wendy Woo
16-05-2008, 05:24 PM
If ur children are under the being able to talk age u will be ok u could bluff it. but if they can talk u need to do a couple and drum it into them where u go. I ahdnt done many with mine but half cant talk and i just made the others understand very clearly where we went.
U will be fine with it
Try and stay :cool:

miffy
16-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Have you got a fire evacuation plan which you can pin up on the wall?

As Sarah says have a practice on Monday and if they are old enough get the children to make a poster about what to do if the house catches fire - that will show Ofsted it's been discussed with them

miffy xx

Spangles
16-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't panic, you will be fine.

The fact is that you are now going to do them, you know you need to and why, you have your evacuation plan on paper, by the time you're inspected you will have done at least one.

I think that's fine. Make it clear that it's something you've just implemented and that you will plan at least one for every month - can't see how they can moan about that!

angeldelight
17-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Dont panic take everyones advice and you will be fine

Good luck

Angel xx

Rach30
21-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering , the inspecter never mentioned anything to do with fire evac lol

ajs
21-05-2008, 12:42 PM
but if you hadn't been prepared they would have done

well done it's over now

mum22
21-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I take it you have had the inspection then - all well ? hope so and now you can relax.....

x helen