PDA

View Full Version : It can't just be me...

kel1983
20-11-2011, 02:09 PM
....who spends all Sunday tidying the house just for it to look a complete mess again by Monday night. I get through the pile of washing, clear the dining room table and kitchen worktops just for it to all build up again over the week. :angry:

mrsmaggy
20-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I was up at 6am tidying :angry:

breezy
20-11-2011, 02:30 PM
It's not just you !!!!!

desiderata
20-11-2011, 02:37 PM
your right it is not just you xx I m sick of it x

singingcactus
20-11-2011, 02:44 PM
And that's a 'you're not the only one' from me too lol. My youngest now says the days of the week as - mon, tues, wed, thrus, fri, sat and 'tidy up sunday!'.

Beetlejuice
20-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm celebrating the fact that I actually have a free weekend (no training courses, nowhere to take the kids etc) by......blitzing the house :rolleyes: Spent three hours yesterday tackling my kids' room which was an absolute disgrace :angry: and this afternoon DD1 and I have tackled the lounge, sorted all the toys etc and it's been two hours so far. Having a quick break before finishing it off. So nope you aren't the only one - though mine won't possibly get trashed til Tuesday as I only have one 10 yr old mindee tomorrow before and after school. Tuesday I have two 1 year olds!:eek:

Tink
20-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Oh I am glad it's just not me.

I have been at it since 11am and only just sat down with a cup of tea, house looks lovely today, tomorrow will be another story.

Chimps Childminding
20-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Nope its not just you!!!! I'm lucky that I now have Friday's off so its not quite such a rush at the week-end!! The other thing I have noticed is that now my sons aren't at school anymore I don't seem to be rushing as much either :clapping: Used to hate having to iron 4 lots of uniform on a sunday (20 white cotton shirts :eek: ) and make up 5 lunch boxes - only need to do one now DH's he's not capable of doing it himself :angry: But still hate having to put gates back up, set cot up ready, check who I have got for school run and put the right car seats in and get high chairs etc out!!

flowerpots
20-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I started at 10 and im still at it :( i do keep getting side tracked by the forum though :p

kel1983
20-11-2011, 08:10 PM
well I got it looking lovely by 3pm then had my sister and her children over for dinner. Blimey why are children so untidy. :laughing: Never mind quick tidy round and a nice relaxing evening in front of the TV

Beetlejuice
20-11-2011, 09:36 PM
That's good - though not so good about the kids trashing it again! My lounge looks lovely - do need to borrow my friend's carpet cleaner though as mine has given up the ghost and it's quite grubby. I made a start on the dining room but it's difficult as I have files all over the table :blush: Oh well I'm off during school hours tomorrow so will finish it off then as I'm getting the kids to do some christmas craft after school and we will need the table.

Maza
20-11-2011, 10:45 PM
For the life of me I can't keep my house tidy for one day, not even just a room! Many times a day I hear myself saying "I'm too good to these children" as I do yet another baking activity/art and craft activity/let them tip out every toy box all over the floor/drag all the cushions off the sofa to make dens/stepping stones etc! I just can't tidy as I go!

onceinabluemoon
21-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Not alone, I spend all weekend cleaning and tidying from the week.

To be fair though most of the mess is made by me getting stuff out for the mindees and me not putting it away, and my teenage sons who think messy is just fine.

I have too much 'stuff' for our house and am in the middle of a massive clear out so hopefully in the new year it will be easier to keep clean and tidy.

keeks
21-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Sometimes I manage to do the bulk of cleaning when I finish work on a Thursday, then finish it on Friday mornings (I too don't work Fridays). Those weekends are BLISS!

So why don't I do it all the time? BECAUSE IT'S SOOOO BORING that most of the time I just ignore it, hiding under a blanket in the sofa watching telly until Sunday when I absolutely positively HAVE TO do it. :blush:

xx

PixiePetal
21-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't do much housework at the weekend only sorting junk in spare room and washing (which is now hanging all over the house :( ) - planned on doing it today as I am off but doing LJs now and food shopping next. Hope to get organised this afternoon.

A bit of dust never hurt anyone - luckily no one has dust allergies here!

Mrs Book
21-11-2011, 09:02 AM
And me I'm another. But saying that house a mess today as been on a training course for Beavers all weekend and have no mindees till Wednesday:clapping:

So job for today & tomorrow is reclaim my house :laughing: Best thing is there is not washing or ironing to do. DH broke my machine yesterday and can't get it fixed till Friday. Which means next weekend will be spent washing & ironing :panic:

VeggieSausage
21-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes my house seems to swing from a total tip to just very untidy - sometimes it is clean!! ......I try to keep everything ticking over but often end up clearing and cleaning on a sunday - get really fed up with it too!

LeeMarie
21-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Most Sunday's seem to be spent catching up on housework/washing etc. and yesterday wasn't any different. I'm not working today so am now doing paperwork and then the ironing. Also have some ebay stuff to package and post.

It's never ending:(

ziggy
21-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Even my mother commented on how she had never seen my house so untidy on friday, seem to go round n round in circles

did have cleaner but due to drop in numbers can no longer afford her

snufflepuff
21-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Yep, I dread Sundays because I know it means I have to get the house straightened up ready for Monday morning....and within hours it looks like a bomb has gone off!

funemnx
21-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh I so wish I had Fridays off! I've been away for the weekend with hubby so no housework has been done at all. Plus been off sick today and spent the day on my bed doing my level 3 homework so at least that's sorted (kind of) - anything to avoid doing housework :laughing:

watgem
22-11-2011, 08:04 PM
same here, its never ending lol!