PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had probs with groupon?

singlewiththree
20-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Well not really groupon I suppose but with the companies.

I bought a remote control helicopter for my DD for christmas on 2nd November through Groupon. I did everything correctly and still no helicopter. I've emailed the company twice and after the first time had a response asking for my order number which I emailed back. Still no helicopter it says up to 5 working days delivery on the website its now been more like 20!

In the past I ordered a weekend away and found that all the weekends were fully booked until the expiry date so I emailed groupon who cancelled it for me and I got my money back.

I just wondered if it was only me having problems

Toothfairy
20-11-2011, 01:19 PM
My friend ordered some underwear from a company through Groupon.
She was sent the wrong size so she sent it back but after weeks of waiting still had not recieved a refund even though she had emailed them many times.
In the end she emailed Groupon and sent copies of her emails to the company and they refunded her instead - but it took weeks.

sarah707
20-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I think some companies have no idea how busy the offers are going to make them and they run out of stock and just don't have the staff to deal with problems :(

Groupon want to keep their reputation though so I'd always refer trouble to them and ask how they intend to deal with it.

Did you pay by credit card? You might have some comeback through them.

xx

Chimps Childminding
20-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I have used the Groupon vouchers to order photos put onto canvas. The only problem I had is they take AGES to come through!! I am waiting on one for a christmas present and am hoping it gets here in time!!! Not used Groupon for anything else though so can't comment!!

Pipsqueak
20-11-2011, 06:26 PM
They were on about this on telly the other day.....

Groupon, LivingSocial and other type voucher companies - you have to be really careful as they underestimate the response and how they can deal with it - buying spa days etc - often you cannot get an appointment before the expiry. These companies join the voucher promoters to build their profile that is all.....

Once I learned all this I have deleted myself from receiving offers as it appears that whilst its not a 'rip off' its very difficult to actually 'get/recieve the deal.

louise
20-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I ordered 2 photo calendars from photopix from a group on voucher. One was sent quickly 16 days later I'm waiting for the 2nd. I can not view to check the status and had googled to find photopix has a rep for this. I have waited over 20 mins to get through on the phone with no luck, emails will not deliver. I now have someone from Groupon chasing it up for me and have also sent them a link to a thread about the company so they will hopefully review using this company again.
Louise

Pipsqueak
20-11-2011, 07:04 PM
http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2011/07/26/bought-a-spa-day-from-groupon-or-others-did-you-get-it/

loocyloo
20-11-2011, 07:10 PM
i was given a groupon voucher for a lovely lunch at a pub quite a drive from me ( to be fair, the description of where it was WAS misleading, and if you didn't know our area, easy mistake to make ) but when i rang to book, turned out only to be valid monday - wednesday lunchtimes at 12.00, and not bookable more than a couple of days in advance and guess what? they were usually full !!!! in the end we didn't go, as voucher expired before we could get there.

The Juggler
20-11-2011, 10:04 PM
you have to be careful with them. i've bought loads of them and they've been fab but I always check the expiry date and the restrictions (i.e. weekdays only not weekends, certain weekends out).

I would never buy as a present fr somoene as they are too restrictive unless I'm buying and booking the deal before handing over.

I've just bought a spy drive for dh's 50th for 89 instead of 369 and a meal in kings road for 35 not 80. These are things I could NEVER do/book otherwise but I would never book stuff with only a few months expiry.

it's like with everything I guess, read the smallprint - kgb are better at this and have a read the smallprint section before you book xxxx

*daisychain*
20-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I bough some hair straighters that came 4 months late :angry: and a trip to handle birds of prey that was later cancelled and I got a refund. still I can't help myself when it comes to a bargain and ordered a huge bean bagfor my playroom last week :blush: fingers crossed it will arrive this year...maybe

AliceK
21-11-2011, 10:00 AM
They were on about this on telly the other day.....

Groupon, LivingSocial and other type voucher companies - you have to be really careful as they underestimate the response and how they can deal with it - buying spa days etc - often you cannot get an appointment before the expiry. These companies join the voucher promoters to build their profile that is all.....

Once I learned all this I have deleted myself from receiving offers as it appears that whilst its not a 'rip off' its very difficult to actually 'get/recieve the deal.

Same here. I heard of too many people having problems so I no longer bother with Groupon :(

xxxx

Annabelle
21-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I used Groupon for a carpet cleaning service.
The man was mental! He didnt turn up then when I phoned to ask what had happened, he went beserk, shouting and screaming at me down the phone! It was really wierd and totally unprovoked.
I phoned Groupon and got my money back, its really put me off using them again as I'm not sure whether they vet the companies or not plus this wierdo now has my home address...I put it down to him having a bad day

mum2two
22-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I've heard lots of bad things about delays etc, and so have never actually used them.

Always nosey through what's on offer - but don't think I'll ever actually buy anything!

xx

marnieb
22-11-2011, 04:16 PM
I used them to get cheap tickets for Legoland - yes the restrictions were tight( we had to go sometime in Ocotber but not on half term week), but it was under £50 for 2 adults & 1 child, full price it was just over £100!!

miffy
22-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hubby and I have just had a lovely bargain overnight stay with dinner, champagne and breakfast bought through Groupon.

I didn't book until the voucher had almost expired and all the Friday dates had gone but it was still a great deal and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Someone told me that if you buy a deal and don't redeem the vouchers then Groupon keep your money, it isn't passed on to the venue and it's true sometimes when you see how many deals have been sold you know that the venue won't be able to fit everyone in before the expiry date so it pays to be careful but there are still some bargains to be had!

Miffy xx

handeme
22-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Me too,

I ordered a remote controlled Helicopter in September and it arrived in November, the company did respond to my E-Mails saying there was going to be a delay.

I also ordered 2 canvases back in Spetmeber, was due to come early October never arrived, so I E-Mailed them and they said there was a delay and would be received within 14 days still nothing received. I called them they did not answer the phone. I E-Mailed them and no response, so in my last e-mail I told them unless it was received within a certain timescale I would recall the money which I did, supprise I had an E-Mail saying they were going had been dispatched, i have still recalled my money and I even thought they were supposed to have been dispatched I still have not received them.

C x