PDA

View Full Version : yay..got a grant

greanan
19-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Just had letter through this morning explaining I was succesful with the grant i applied for. I seem to have loads of toys, prams, highchairs etc already.

has anyone any ideas for any equipment for inside or outside that is a bit different??

I currently have a 6month old, 15month old, 19 months, 4 years, 5 years

I have been searching internet for last hour but havent seen anything i really want??

greanan
19-11-2011, 10:21 PM
can anyone recommend a good place to order outdoor equipment that isnt plastic or breaking bank???

Nature'sKids!
19-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Well done on getting a grant!! How much have you got to spend? Might help in finding you something?
I really like the rode ons for morethan one kid (see link) but they're expensive!

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Range.aspx?nguid=cf005380-d04a-4696-90b9-1c91a65de805

Other than that, maybe some safety equipment? (light reflector, hi vis jacket, etc)
Construction toys are always good and you can never have enough Lego knex magnetix, kapla planks lol

Wendybird
20-11-2011, 08:25 AM
can anyone recommend a good place to order outdoor equipment that isnt plastic or breaking bank???

I have the plum wooden picnic / sand table. In hindsight I would get the TP one as the plum one is soft wood and isn't going to last as long and needs a lot of care to keep it looking nice. BUT, the kids love it and it wasn't as pricey as some of the other wood outdoor equipment. Depending on how much your grant is I would LOVE to get one of the willow outdoor structures you see in the nursery equipment catalogues. A really nice alternative to a play house :thumbsup:

Something REALLY different would be a chicken coop - get some chucks and care for them with the kids.

I also really love www.absorbentminds.co.uk - check out their discount section for affordable montessori materials. I've just got an order in and it feels like christmas here!

OR (I love my toys!), my son is getting these for christmas: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74318479/manzanita-classic-deluxe-building-set

Open-ended, they can be anything. He is also getting dolls and furniture to go with. I can add to it as I can (farm characters & animals, castle figures, etc). I'm looking at getting a coffee table with storage drawers to keep everything in. Hope he loves it as much as I do! :clapping:

flowerpots
20-11-2011, 09:05 AM
I have the plum wooden picnic / sand table. In hindsight I would get the TP one as the plum one is soft wood and isn't going to last as long and needs a lot of care to keep it looking nice. BUT, the kids love it and it wasn't as pricey as some of the other wood outdoor equipment. Depending on how much your grant is I would LOVE to get one of the willow outdoor structures you see in the nursery equipment catalogues. A really nice alternative to a play house :thumbsup:

Something REALLY different would be a chicken coop - get some chucks and care for them with the kids.

I also really love www.absorbentminds.co.uk - check out their discount section for affordable montessori materials. I've just got an order in and it feels like christmas here!

OR (I love my toys!), my son is getting these for christmas: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74318479/manzanita-classic-deluxe-building-set
Open-ended, they can be anything. He is also getting dolls and furniture to go with. I can add to it as I can (farm characters & animals, castle figures, etc). I'm looking at getting a coffee table with storage drawers to keep everything in. Hope he loves it as much as I do! :clapping:

Thankyou for the link to this seller thay have some FAB stuff. x

greanan
20-11-2011, 11:31 AM
thanks for all your links. they have some great stuff. decided to use most of it for outdoor equipment, will have a proper look later and try to put list together:clapping:

dancingvicster
20-11-2011, 08:07 PM
What kind of grants can we apply for? Am new to all this! Thanks

bekki0405
21-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I got a capital grant a few years ago and spent it on replacing my patio as I wanted good access at the back of my house for disabled children who came. However, if I hadnt wanted this, I really wanted to get some ICT stuff such as digital camera, voice recorder and video cameras that the children could use.
As such, because of costs, I've never bought these, but I personally would ove them, and Ofsted do like to see ICT equipment being used.