PDA

View Full Version : should I ask for this to be changed in Ofsted Report

janminder
19-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I received my Ofsted report this morning and it says 'children learn to ride scooters and tricycles' not sure where the inspector got this from I have ride on toys but no scooters or tricycles. Older children may bring their scooters in the holidays and it is then up to the parents to provide safety helmets etc with them. I don't want to seem picky by phoning Ofsted to ask them to change to ride on toys.

What would you do?

Many thanks

QualityCare
19-11-2011, 12:09 PM
was everything else accurate about your setting what you were doing and she saw, if it was l would leave it, but if there are other inaccuracies l would ring and point them out as she may have done 2 inspections that day and confused both the places.

sarah707
19-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Are you likely to be buying some scooters etc in the near future? if so I would leave it...

Otherwise yes it's a factual inaccuracy and definitely worth reporting because the inspector might be making a few mistakes and need some professional development or re-training.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
19-11-2011, 03:10 PM
If it is factually incorrect then it should be changed but bear in mind you only have 24 hours to change it so I would email Prospects/Tribal over the weekend and ring first thing on Monday morn to make sure they have got your email.

Vickster
19-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I emailed a couple of ammendments through after mine and the admin changed them for me. If it is wrong then she will change it.

janminder
20-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I am thinking I may leave it as I have been looking at little trikes (though some seem to have four wheels and still called trikes) and as the children do sometimes bring their scooters I suppose potentially a child could just get one and be learning when with me.

Thanks for replies, the rest of the report is fine.