PDA

View Full Version : My daughter bit a mindee

jo.jo76
18-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I feel so bad. My daughter has never bitten before. She has just turned 2 and the LO I look after is also 2 and winds my daughter up constantly, snatching toys off her etc.
Today my daughter was playing happily with her little keyboard. LO comes along, snatches it off her then lays on it. My daughter lays on top of her and bites her, leaving a red mark about the size of a penny. Mum seemed ok when I explained what happened but feel so guilty as it was my child that did it! :-(

Maza
18-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Exactly the same happened with my DD. It's awful isn't it. A few days later mindee bit DD and left a bigger mark. It happens so quickly.

time_4_change
18-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi

I know how you feel, I have just started childminding, I am in the settling in period with my first mindee, mindee is 14months and my son is 16months. My son has been acting a bit jealous and scratched mindee cheek because she had something he wanted, I felt awful. I was dreading telling mum and she was fine about it. I am glad this parent is my first parent though, she has been very supportive of the fact I am new.

I just hope my son avoids the biting stage!
x

Zoomie
18-11-2011, 10:59 PM
My son did this for years (sorry, I don't say this to make you feel worse) and he was so unpredictable about it. Would go months and months between bites.

Hopefully you DD will be through the stage quickly.

:group hug: :group hug: :group hug:

jo.jo76
18-11-2011, 11:11 PM
My son did this for years (sorry, I don't say this to make you feel worse) and he was so unpredictable about it. Would go months and months between bites.

Hopefully you DD will be through the stage quickly.

:group hug: :group hug: :group hug:

Oh gosh! I was hoping it was just a one off! I have 3 older boys who have never done it!

Wendybird
19-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm in the other boat - mindee goes after DS and other mindees! Just grabs the kids' faces and squeezes, scratches as hard as he can. So unpredictable! My poor son has scratches all over his face :( I feel bad constantly telling mum how her son attacks the other kids!