PDA

View Full Version : getting a puppy at the weekend, anything i need to put in place?

lulubelle
18-11-2011, 07:27 PM
as title says really, most of my familys totally fine with it, one a bit unsure but have reassured her that puppy will have own area in the garden and will be in crate when needed etc

already have a pets policy and clear up cat mess etc in garden!

Bear23
18-11-2011, 07:29 PM
what puppy is it?

lulubelle
18-11-2011, 07:42 PM
a small cross bread shih tzu x maltese

Pipsqueak
18-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Shi-tease!!!!! rofl

Just RA, a policy and perhaps a cage!!!lol

enjoy
:clapping: (looking forward to the pix)

:idea: oooh bright idea moment..... we have a 'forum babies section' perhaps we need a forum pets section - seems to be lots of pups and kitts and lots of other gorgeous pets lately:D

Dragonfly
18-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Space where puppy can see whats going on but not be harassed by the children until he/she is able to mix supervised with them.Gate rather than a closed door, you want puppy to grow up used to children and children to respect puppy/dog.
RA
pet policy.

I explained all this to parents (they was not told i was getting a puppy he was just here on the Monday!! no problems with any of my parents) and sent home with each child a letter explaining the puppys name and where puppy would be until he had calmed down.Children would be supervised with the puppy.

onceinabluemoon
19-11-2011, 02:22 PM
How lovely, I got a springer pup a few weeks back. Already had a RA in place from when we got our Lab pup a couple of years ago.

lulubelle
19-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Space where puppy can see whats going on but not be harassed by the children until he/she is able to mix supervised with them.Gate rather than a closed door, you want puppy to grow up used to children and children to respect puppy/dog.
RA
pet policy.

I explained all this to parents (they was not told i was getting a puppy he was just here on the Monday!! no problems with any of my parents) and sent home with each child a letter explaining the puppys name and where puppy would be until he had calmed down.Children would be supervised with the puppy.

we plan on having his crate under the stairs and stair gates on both doorways from the hallway so he will be able to see us in the living room or me in the kitchen! he has been handled by toddlers a lot already so will hopefully be fine with my lot! pet policy covers everything already i think and RA has pets and i dont think much really changes in that.

parents have been told looking at one this weekend but havent really said we will be getting him!!!