PDA

View Full Version : One off childminding, good idea?

cade29
18-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi all,

I just registered at the end of October and havent got and mindees lined up yet. So been thinking with the run up to christmas is it a good idea to offer local families to book me for one off care for there children so that they can go christmas shopping?

The hours I plan to work are Monday to Saturday 7.30am to 6.00pm.

I was thinking I would take half the money on booking and the other half on the day of care.

Do you think this is a good idea to help get established?

I think people would take me up on this mainly for a Saturday, no one wants there kids to see what santa is bring them.

thanks for reading

jo x

Tatjana
18-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a plan, get advertising now...good luck with it!!:thumbsup:

karen m
18-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I have offered this service and had some great feed back,1 parent has even stated when they return to work they will check if i have spaces ,go for it nothing lost if you get nothing from it,plenty to gain

gigglinggoblin
18-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a really useful service and could get you a lot of word of mouth advertising. I would take full payment at the time of booking, otherwise you run the risk of parents turning up and telling you they will bring cash when they come back... and dont (cynical, moi?).

cade29
18-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi

I have decided Im doing it. :clapping:
I was planning to take half payment on booking and the remainder when they drop off or before if I have to pick up from school, with no refund if they dont turn up.
But maybe I will take full payment as that is my only worry about doing it.

Thank you all

Jo

Tracy123
18-11-2011, 09:20 PM
so when you do 1 off childminding do we still have to get contracts etc.. signed? i have had a couple ask if i do this but i thought i would need to fill in contracts etc.... is this not right?

cade29
18-11-2011, 09:27 PM
im still going to get contacts signed to keep everything above board, these will be done when booking the session. I know it seems a lot of work but with no mindees lined up I need to get established and hoping it will lead to so permanent work.

jo

Karaza
18-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds great. You can get short term contracts for upto 28 days from ncma one page as opposed to four.

tulip0803
19-11-2011, 12:29 AM
I do ad-hoc or one off care. I get all paperwork signed as I would if a child were contracted but I have written a basic contract stating that all care is ad-hoc and I cannot offer a place if I do not have one available, costs etc. I get the fees in advance. I often have people coming back to see if I have space for a day or a few hours here and there. It is also a good way of getting your name known and hopefully people will pass your name on too.

Good luck

boxtree7
19-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I doing this service for the families already in my care on Saturday 17 September 9.30 am - 6.30 pm. Good luck hope you get some good business.

cade29
19-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Thank you all

tulip0803..did you do your own contracts? I have just registered as a member of NCMA think it will be best to get there short term contracts although they are pricey xx

xgemx
20-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a great idea and hpe it leads to some full time mindees for you