PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from NCMA chair visit

Penny1959
18-11-2011, 04:24 PM
As you all know Sue Davis visited my setting today and it was my intention to show her what it is like in a busy childminding setting and to share with her the summery of the questionnaire responses.
I am pleased to report that both aims were achieved. :D

The 4 little ones and I went to the station to fetch Sue – so she saw some of the everyday difficulties of getting the children in and out of the car. We had snack time, played with the garage, in the cork pool and with the light box (Sue was interested in the light box and explored it with the children) They also watched some of the Makaton DVD. There was the usual amount of disagreement and difficulties in sharing – so I think she saw a fairly typical morning.

However most of the morning was spent discussing the questionnaire.
Sue was very impressed that so many childminders had responded in such a short time . Sue says that NCMA is carrying out a number of consultations and wants to urge members to respond as she now knows thanks to my research questionnaire that there are strong and valid points of view amongst members. You can express your views through My NCMA on the NCMA website and there will be further opportunities to discuss both the Professional Occupational Standards and Widening NCMA membership at the Regional Forums

She was interested in the views of non members and why they are not members, and has said that NCMA are exploring many different possibilities at the moment that may provide answers to concerns / more services – which in turn could result in some returning to NCMA as members – or joining for the first time.

Sue wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to respond and said member views were very important to NCMA and that the views of non members would also inform NCMA as they forward plan for the next few years.
She also wanted to reassure members that the Board of Trustee’s is very aware that NCMA is a member led organisation and would remain so – especially as that is a core element of NCMA’s charitable status.

I have to say I was impressed with what Sue had to say - she was very open (and in fact said a few other things which are not for public knowledge just yet - and that NCMA want to announce themselves). She was very interested in my personal view on things and how I thought members and non members would respond if scenario a and b became reality - I felt that she saw me as a professional and more than that she valued my opinion.

Finally – quite a few people have asked for further information on the Professional Occupational Standards _ I will post an update on this after the meeting about these in Birmingham on Saturday.

Thank you all very much for your help

Penny :)

Pipsqueak
18-11-2011, 04:47 PM
thats brilliant - it sounds like the meeting went well.

glad to hear that Sue Davies took note of the questionnaires.

:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
18-11-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm glad it was such a positive meting after all the hard work you put in.

Thanks again Penny

Miffy xx

Penny1959
18-11-2011, 06:50 PM
thats brilliant - it sounds like the meeting went well.

glad to hear that Sue Davies took note of the questionnaires.

:clapping: :clapping:

Yes def took note - and took away the collated forms to read - she really was very interested in our views

Chatterbox Childcare
18-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like you all had fun and Sue is so approachable.

I would urge every NCMA member to go along to the Regional Forums in January as there is a large discussion which affects everyone within the organisation. Also there should be a board member at EVERY forum so come along and ask as many questions as you can.

The South West Forum is being held in Almonsbury and Ofsted have requested a time slot - should be fun :D

Penny1959
18-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds like you all had fun and Sue is so approachable.

I would urge every NCMA member to go along to the Regional Forums in January as there is a large discussion which affects everyone within the organisation. Also there should be a board member at EVERY forum so come along and ask as many questions as you can.

The South West Forum is being held in Almonsbury and Ofsted have requested a time slot - should be fun :D

Totally agree with Debbie - please get along to your regional forum if you can - West Midlands have also offered Ofsted a slot - just waiting to hear if they are going to attend ours (they are choosing a couple to attend) West Mids Forum is on 28th Jan at The Bond Company in Birmingham - and they WHOLE day will be FREE to attend - including lunch! Never been a beeter opportunity to try out a regional forum and to have input into the important consultations taking place.

Regional forum booking forms will be on NCMA website (in the MY NCMA section) by early December. Keep an eye open for them

sarah707
18-11-2011, 07:19 PM
It sounds like you had a very productive day Penny :D

Playmate
18-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Well done Penny :D

East Region forum is on the 5th Feb in Ipswich and we to could possibly have Ofsted. Keep an ey on My NCMA for further details.

boxtree7
18-11-2011, 08:22 PM
thank you :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
18-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Well done Penny. I have to say that I really liked her when I met her in York. It was my third NCMA conference and the first time I've been spoken to or managed to approach the Chair. She was lovely, enjoyed a good gossip with us about what we were buying at the exhibition and I found her really down to earth.

I'm definitely going to the SE Regional Forum which is 28 Jan in Sevenoaks to have my say.

Vickster
18-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Well done Penny! I missed the whole questionnaire request, sorry. You are an absolute inspiration though and I always reads your posts when I have time to come on here,

Penny1959
18-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Well done Penny! I missed the whole questionnaire request, sorry. You are an absolute inspiration though and I always reads your posts when I have time to come on here,

:blush: :blush:
Thank you for your kind comment - I do have a passion for childminding and for NCMA - sometimes it takes over my life - so it is good to hear that I inspire others in some small way.