PDA

View Full Version : Christmas crafts?????

adele1985
18-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Okay so its nearly december......do you think its too early to start christmas crafts with my LOs

the only LO I have at the mo is term time only and only on an if and when basis as mum is a supply teacher

Do you think i should start christmas crafts now or do you think its to early???

catminder
18-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm going to hang on for a couple of weeks, then it's christmas decorations up on Sunday 4th, moving into the winter theme and begin christmas crafts.

adele1985
18-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm going to hang on for a couple of weeks, then it's christmas decorations up on Sunday 4th, moving into the winter theme and begin christmas crafts.

Thats what i was going to do but now im thinking im not really sure when ill have this lo as its only on a as and when basis - i know i dont have him at all next week then he will only be here for a couple of weeks in december as mum works for a private school so they get longer holiday :-)

Tracey Tyler
18-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi every one I have a training day tomorrew with the scma there is two work shops Observation, assessment and planning and christmas and winter crafts,which I am looking forward to. Does any one else go to these events ? As I find them very useful! Tracey x

kindredspirits
18-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I am starting on xmas crafts next week - only because my full timer is leaving in a fortnight and i have got loads of xmas stuff planned to do with her so i thought it would be nice if she still got to do it before she goes. plus i think i will feel less and less like crafts as I get nearer to xmas seeing as my baby is due on the 22nd december! :D

sarah707
18-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi every one I have a training day tomorrew with the scma there is two work shops Observation, assessment and planning and christmas and winter crafts,which I am looking forward to. Does any one else go to these events ? As I find them very useful! Tracey x

Our Christmas crafts workshop has just been cancelled due to lack of interest :rolleyes:

I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow! :D

peppa Pig
18-11-2011, 01:12 PM
rather than going full blown into Christmas crafts, I have started supplying craft in Christmas colours so it can be adapted to Christmas theme later on.

for example we painted paper plates this week, I gave them gold, green and red paint with glitter in. Next month the children can add holly leaves and berries to make it like a wreath.

we hand painted in gold paint on cards, the children will add Christmas stickers in and messages of happy Christmas to mum and dad nearer to Christmas.

The older children painted scenes using white paint on black card, I will give them calendars and ribbon to attach later on

I love Christmas caft, we do loads and loads and also children are here ad hoc so I get it in while I can.