PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on the siblings driving me insane!

butterfly
17-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Well a few weeks a go I posted about siblings (3,6) who are making my life hell because of their behaviour. Well everyone here said give notice however I decided (frightened of repercussions and confrontation) to keep going and hope for the best!

Well what a surprise nothing's changed! Mum is still threatening sanctions and not going through with them and the older one has become ruder and ruder knowing there's nothing I can do!

Well this evening I emailed mum to explain that they have 3 weeks to get it sorted otherwise i'm giving notice and not caring for them in 2012.

no reply as yet - we'll see...

miffy
17-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I hope mum takes you seriously this time.

Think you are very generous to give them another chance to sort it.

Miffy xx

sarah707
17-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Hopefully things will improve. If not follow through for your own peace of mind xx

ziggy
18-11-2011, 12:44 PM
well good luck but not giving much hope sadly

flowerpots
18-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Hope things change hun but think you may well have to follow through with it. x

mufftie
18-11-2011, 12:56 PM
i gave notice on siblings earlier this year due to there constant screaming 18 m and 3.5
mum was gobsmacked and asked me to reconcider , so we gave it a 4 week trial to see if she could work on her kids and what a change , i dont know what she did but it bloomin worked and ive happily still got them both
so good luck its amazing how parents can do something when thay have to

The Juggler
18-11-2011, 01:45 PM
i hope thta the notice threat makes mum start working with you hon.:)

butterfly
20-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Well I've heard nothing all weekend. I'm almost shaking with stress as I know she's going to be very confrontational about it. I will stand my ground though and if she's very rude I will give notice this week.

My dh thinks she'll gloss over it with feeble ideas about sorting them which will make it hard for me. My friend saw the family today and apparently there's a sticker chart in use with the younger one for using the toilet and eating quicker. Too little too late I think but we'll see. Luckily my dh is around for the next couple of days so if it kicks off I'll have back up.

I hate confrontation!