PDA

View Full Version : a potty question...

WibbleWobble
17-11-2011, 10:32 AM
what is the best potty for a boy?

i have only ever had girls to potty train and "old faithful" has been brought out regularly since 1992:eek: which has been fine for little girls.

Sat N on "old faithful" yesterday and i noticed his "widge" was sticking up....has to push it down but really looked uncomfortable...made my eyes water.

not bothered about the colour etc.....just one which is "widge friendly"

mandy xxx

QualityCare
17-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Does your potty not have a higher side splash guard for boys and a smaller rounded one for girls, if not you need one that has even so if he is desperate he will still need to bend it down.

kel1983
17-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I got mine from the cheap shop for £1 about 4 years ago. It has a higher bit at the back which for a boy I put at the front

JCrakers
17-11-2011, 01:58 PM
From my experience when training boys, my son included, you do need to make sure it points down as it does point forward when they start to wee :D

I remember a few incidents when training my son that the wee came over the side. I usually ask them to make sure it's in there rather than do it myself :D
Then just make sure they wash their hands, like they would do anyway.

You may be able to find a potty with a higher front but I've always managed with a normal potty

mama2three
17-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Just a normal potty but sit them on backwards so the backrest bit becomes a splashback!

Pipsqueak
17-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Just a normal potty but sit them on backwards so the backrest bit becomes a splashback!

was just going to suggest that

but make sure the rim of it is clear of the urine stream otherwise it pools round their legs.

the 'widge' ROFL that makes me smile

RainbowMum
17-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I always teach little boys to gently hold/press it pointing down, this means they can sit on an adult loo if necessary too :)

WibbleWobble
17-11-2011, 02:38 PM
oh what a chump i am !!!!!

i have (as i said) only potty trained girls - with the low front in the front.

didnt think about putting the tall back bit at the front!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

plonker i am !!!!!

mandy xxx