PDA

View Full Version : After School Collections

Jiorjiina
16-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Help!

I have just had an enquiry about collecting a child after school a couple of afternoons a week starting next Monday. (:eek:)

I've only just registered, and I don't have children of my own, so I don't know anyone at the school. Is there anything the parents and I need to do to inform the school that I am collecting the child?

Also, I was planning to get my contracts, etc when I got my Public Liability, which I can get on friday, but obviously this means I won't get any paperwork until next week.

Could I have a temporary contract to cover for a day or two and then get them to resign when I get more standard ones? Has anyone else had to do this?

Possibly foolishly, I wasn't really expecting to be asked to provide care at quite such short notice!

mrs robbie williams
16-11-2011, 12:05 PM
ooooh how exciting :) with regards to school all i do is get the parent to inform the school and teacher that you will be collecting on the days specified. With the contracts im not too sure, i would be inclined to say yes do a temporary one as it will only be a short time but someone will be along soon to clarify. Have fun xx

Chimps Childminding
16-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Could you maybe pop down to the school with the parent sometime this week so that you can meet the teacher so they know who you are when you go to collect? If that's not possible just get the mum to tell the teacher and maybe take some id with you just incase :rolleyes:

I would have thought a temporary contract would do for now, just make sure you get all the child record/permission forms etc filled in too!!

Good luck, hope it goes well :thumbsup: