PDA

View Full Version : what happens if I physically can not take the kids out

chez
16-11-2011, 08:58 AM
I know the children are ment to have a certain about of the day outside every day which I currently achieve all but the days I just have the tiny 14 week old atm where we just go back and forth from toddler group.

I have a condition called Reynauds, and this means that cold weather make life rather uncomfortable for me.

If it is a very cold day and my hands and feet arent well enough to go outside am I allowed to not take them out? the kids that is not the hands and feet.

rickysmiths
16-11-2011, 09:06 AM
There are days when I don't go outside. It depends on the weather and the mood of the children. We don't have to take them out all the time as long as they have regular access to the out doors.

Could you supervise them in the garden for a little while as an alternative to actually going out? Could you watch older ones from the door? Could the baby be wrapped up warm and put outside to sleep in the garden and get some fresh air that way. I often put little ones outside to sleep.

flowerpots
16-11-2011, 09:16 AM
We dont go out every day, we just make sure we get lots of time outside over the week. Hope your hands and feet feel better later. x

JCrakers
16-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I do go on the school run twice a day and walks to toddler groups etc. Wednesdays is usually a day for staying in. In the summer we probably go to the park but like today we probably wont go outside as little one wants to come straight back in again.

As long as you do your best thats all that matters, dont do anything that is going to make you uncomfortable or unhappy.
Ive had a bad back since 13yrs and cannot sit on the floor for more than a couple of mins as I suffer for about a week. Im 36 now and Ive had to adapt the way I work, its just not worth putting myself through it.
I always get a chair at reading group were as some people sit on the floor. I can't carry a heavier child for more than a couple of mins so I try not to carry them if I can help it.

I just get down to their level but just dont sit for too long. :D
Becky x

~Grasshopper~
16-11-2011, 11:52 AM
i dont go out everyday.

i did in the summer but apart from school runs im mainly inside, i have a morning baby so cant do much whilst she naps and the toddlers get frozen in the garden in this weather and keep coming in lol.

im getting a car soon so will be able to venture further a field to some groups, trying to get 3 unders 2's any where has been a struggle.

x

Chimps Childminding
16-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't go out everyday either, not even into the garden!! I have a large patio area but no way of keeping lo's off the lawn and as i have 2 crawlers at the moment its not very practical - tried with the waterproof suits but the lawn is so muddy !!! I am ok if June is here (lives next door) and she has a fenced off decked area and we go on there!!

ja8estar
16-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I have Reynauds as well
When I go out Im like a walking pass the parcel with all the layers
I got some hand warmers which help
and I got some microwave bags a bit like a wheatbag that I shove in the inside pocket of my coat
Other than that I still go out everyday because moving around does help
other wise I feel like Im shutting down
On really bad days I just take my time when out and try to see the funny side of life
I called the Raynauds support line and spoke to a nice bloke who told me to take baked potatoes out in my coat pockets for warmth i chuckled to my self thinking shall I put the beans and cheese in my inside pocket or my handbag:blush:

sarah707
16-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Make sure your routine shows how you include active physical play into the children's days inside the house - regular music and movement sessions, lots of active games etc.

My friend takes a combination of ginger, rosemary and Ginkgo biloba recommended by a herbalist and says it really helps her.

xx

mrs robbie williams
16-11-2011, 08:25 PM
ive been in for 3 days in a row this wk at mums request as mindee had mmr and is having side effects xx

Lilylulu
19-11-2011, 09:47 PM
have you tried those hand warmer that have a button in that you click and the gel gets hot, they have them in poundland at the moment, in the shape of teddies/mini hot water bottle and cupcakes - my daughter uses them a lot for joint pains, you just boil them for a few minutes to get them ready to use again.

ajs
20-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I know the children are ment to have a certain about of the day outside every day which I currently achieve all but the days I just have the tiny 14 week old atm where we just go back and forth from toddler group.

I have a condition called Reynauds, and this means that cold weather make life rather uncomfortable for me.

If it is a very cold day and my hands and feet arent well enough to go outside am I allowed to not take them out? the kids that is not the hands and feet.

I suffer from reynauds too and have invested in a north face coat it was expensive but so warm. I now need really good gloves and socks and I'm set.

I get blisters and chill blains all over my hands and feet over winter, but I also get cabin fever and can't best being in all day. Even when it was -19 here in I went out or a few mins.

But of ours if you can't or don't want to go out then don't, your business your rules. Although it may make it difficult if you need to get to school for pick ups etc.

ajs
20-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I suffer from reynauds too and have invested in a north face coat it was expensive but so warm. I now need really good gloves and socks and I'm set.

I get blisters and chill blains all over my hands and feet over winter, but I also get cabin fever and can't best being in all day. Even when it was -19 here in I went out or a few mins.

But of ours if you can't or don't want to go out then don't, your business your rules. Although it may make it difficult if you need to get to school for pick ups etc.

I cant edit on my iPad but I meant * I can't bear being in all day.

And *of course it's your business your rules