PDA

View Full Version : Chilcare voucher company gave me too much money....

chelseabun
16-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Very weird dilemma. Have received quite a large amount of money from a childcare voucher company. I was quite shocked to see this on my statement.

I went to the bank and there was no reference. Rang up childcare voucher company to say: YOU HAVE GIVEN ME LOADS OF MONEY THAT I AM NOT DUE. They seem at a loss about it too.

Spoke to all my parents and none of them are "missing" any vouchers.

Have rung voucher company 3 times about this now, just being honest, as much as I would like a few thousand pounds bonus, it's not mine essentially.

They seem not too bothered about the mistake and the money is still in my account.

The last time I rang, they seemed to think it was from Parent A. However Parent A has no saved up vouchers and also, Parent A's child has not been with me for some months now. Parent A is as confused as I am.

What to do?

squiggle
16-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I have had this before but it was only about a £100 i rang them and they investigated it and the next time i was paid by that voucher company they just took the £100 off.

I would put the money to one side and see what happens. You have phoned them and they don't seem bothered i would maybe wait a while and see what happens - you have been honest and the ball is in their court now

Chimps Childminding
16-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Not sure what else you can do :rolleyes: I suppose the best thing to do would be just to leave it a while and as squiggle says see what happens when you get paid next time!!! I would have thought the voucher company would be trying to sort it out :rolleyes:

Twinkles
16-11-2011, 08:57 AM
You've done your best. I would put it in a high interest account and wait for them to sort it. That way you'll earn the interest but will still have it when they realise where it should be !

~Grasshopper~
16-11-2011, 11:48 AM
You've done your best. I would put it in a high interest account and wait for them to sort it. That way you'll earn the interest but will still have it when they realise where it should be !

love it sound slike a good plan.

i would email the voucher company and tell them whats happened just to prove you tried to return to cash.

x

lolli_pop243
16-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Definitely write to them-it is possible that the people on the phones are not trained in their processes and so do not know what to do. Is there someone in the Accounts section you can speak to?

I would also get the names of the people you are speaking to, and put those in your letter as well.

aly
16-11-2011, 12:13 PM
are you sure its from them and not tax crdits?...

ive only now recently had my tc declaration telling me my money was going down....maybe yours has gone up and been backdated?

funemnx
16-11-2011, 08:28 PM
This happened to me (a few hundred pounds) I called them a couple of times and e-mailed them - it did get sorted out but not until the new financial year when they 'discovered' it! I had to pay them back.... :rolleyes:

miffy
16-11-2011, 08:31 PM

I think this is an excellent idea because sooner or later they WILL want it back! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

The Juggler
16-11-2011, 09:04 PM
i would copy your bank statement showing hte payment, your e-mails with the bank and then send a cheque and covering letter. Keep a copy of everything in case they try to reclaim it in the future and say you haven't paid it back :) :)

chelseabun
18-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks everyone,

I have rung them again, and just said, "Look, you gave me waaaaay too much money, you are not aware of it clearly, but it's not mine, so tell me where to send it back". They said ok, so giving it all back today.

They were none the wiser, I know I could have kept it, but the guilt and all....

miffy
18-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Glad you've got it sorted but very worrying the voucher company didn't have a clue where the money should have gone to!

Miffy xx