PDA

View Full Version : Hello Forumites! I finally managed to get permission from my landlord!!

lovechildcare1
15-11-2011, 09:30 PM
After numerous emails back and forth between myself and my landlord he has now decided that I can childmind from the property I currently rent:jump for joy: . HE says he has no problems in principle with the idea BUT it all depends now on the agents. I have spoken to the agents and they say that they have spoken to my landlord (finally) and they say that he and them are both concerned that the insurance he has will not cover me. So I explained that I would have my own insurance including PLI and Home Contents Insurance.

BUT they are still concerned. SO are they right to be concerned? Would childminding cause any problems for the landlord in terms of his mortgage, insurance?

Please help, I hate all this red tape.:angry:

rickysmiths
15-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Yes it could do I'm afraid.

Some Mortgage lenders might not be happy about a business being run if the property is let. He will also have buildings insurance and they may not be happy because he isn't living in the property.

sarah707
16-11-2011, 07:09 PM
It is really important that your landlord speaks to his insurance companies and mortgage lenders like Ricky says and checks it all out, preferably in writing, before you do anything to start the ball rolling.

I hope it works out for you x

lovechildcare1
22-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys I just want it all sorted out so I can get on with becoming a childminder