PDA

View Full Version : Illustrated toy index?

Nature'sKids!
15-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking of taking photos of the toys we've got, printing and laminating them all together on A3card so that children can see what's available without me having to get everything out? That way the children (and I!) have a better overview of what is already out - which will be chosen according to age and interest etc, and they can also easily see what else is available, and point to it so would work for non verbal kids too?
Plus it would be easier to teach kids - my own too!!!! - to tidy up before getting new stuff out. Unless they want to combine obviously!
Just wondered what you all thought? I've gt storage space right next to the playroom - just redone what used to be a cold damp outdoor brick shed into a bright, clean, tidy and warm storage area!! :)

Twinkle-Toes
15-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I think that toy catalogues are quite popular! I am in the process of taking pics to hopefully do something similar.

They are a great idea for all the reasons you mentioned :thumbsup:

The only thing i'm not sure on is how to group them, alphabetically, age range, EYFS l&d area...the possibilities are endless (well, not quite endless but still...)

Pandypops
15-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I took pics of my toys today but I'm not sure I did a good enough job. I grouped them together as it would have taken ages to do each one separately, but not sure if it was the "correct" groupings. Also, I am rubbish at taking pics so there are things in the background/on the floor on some of them.

May end up looking not as nice as expected after all :blush: :blush:

samb
15-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Great idea - I have just managed to get round to doing this too and used it for the first time today with mindees. I cut mine into individual pictures and put them in a shoe box so they can look through like that. I have tied a ribbon onto a door handle with some pegs on so they can attach pics onto the ribbon but also just show me - they seemed to just like looking at them too.