PDA

View Full Version : Can I have a birthday party for own child when childminding?

Maza
14-11-2011, 08:12 PM
It's almost DD's birthday and I want to throw a little party for her. Mindee will be here (same age as DD) and I want to have her cousins over (and my mum and sister). Do you think it would be an issue? Party food would be healthy-ish and there will be the usual party games. Would I need to risk assess?
Thanks in advance. x

miffy
14-11-2011, 08:16 PM
As long as you invite mindee :D

I would risk assess and also inform mindees parents of what you're planning but I'm sure mindee will love it.

Miffy xx

Trouble
14-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I would :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LittleVoice
14-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree with Miffy, as long as you do a risk assessment and inform the mindees parents whats happening i dont see there being a problem. :jump for joy:

tulip0803
14-11-2011, 08:25 PM
With birthday parties for our children the only thing that you have to watch is that you are not responsible for more children than your certificate allows. Your Mum and sister are there so that will not be a problem.

It can be a great experience for children.

Have a lovley time.

mushpea
14-11-2011, 08:25 PM
they would probably enjoy it, the only issue is if you are looking after all the children you need to fit them in your numbers but if there are other adults there you should be fine.

Maza
14-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I would totally be within my numbers, even if other adults weren't going to be there. Thanks guys, I get so nervous when I do something out of the ordinary!

Helen Dempster
14-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I think your mindee would love it - if you don't mind them being there and if the parents agree to it, then I don't see a problem. Sounds fun, can I come? :laughing:

mama2three
15-11-2011, 06:59 AM
I had a birthday party for ds last year and just told all the mindees parents that I was officially ' off ' that afternoon , but that mindees were invited to the party! Otherwise I would have been way over numbers ( by about 20!)
Im sure mindee and your dd will love it !