PDA

View Full Version : EYFS in LJs?

jadavi
14-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Does anyone print out the assessment sheets for the LJ so the parents can see where they're at etc? I am getting increasngly naffed off with this as the sheets are so tiny and cramped and its impossible to put proper evidence in the tiny boxes etc. I know they dont read it anyway.

I was thinking of just putting in the LJ the ' EYFS for Parents' sheets that Sarah put in the download and then just doing the colour scheme for which of the 6 areas and writing the appropriate phase next to the evidence. But not all the numbers etc.
Does this sound OK?

I still keep a tally of where the mindees are in the assessment grid in my own planning but dont need to show the parents an overview unless they ask do you think?

All the feedback I've had so far from parents - incuding 2 teachers - is they dont want all this stuff.....

jadavi
14-11-2011, 09:38 PM
posting again in the hope of an answer xx

Pipsqueak
14-11-2011, 09:52 PM
i have the development matters grids in -ages and stages for each area of development - i mark these off (highlight) and try to put a date in of achievement.

Helcatt
14-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I just have the Development Matters grid in the front of the LJ and tick off and date when I see they have achieved it and generally evidence it somewhere - usually in the LJ though I do have a file in my cabinet with longer written obs in as well.

At my inspection, it was even suggested that I reference the pages against the DM and also reference where I do next steps - all a bit too complicated for me - that can be seen in my other paperwork - no need to duplicate

Some parents love it as it reassures them that they have nothing to worry about and others can not be bothered and "don't want to know about all this rubbish"

Hope that helps

HX

blue bear
14-11-2011, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=jadavi;1010692]

I was thinking of just putting in the LJ the ' EYFS for Parents' sheets that Sarah put in the download and then just doing the colour scheme for which of the 6 areas and writing the appropriate phase next to the evidence. But not all the numbers etc.
Does this sound OK?

I didn't reply earlier because I didn't understand what you meant by all the numbers etc.

I put in the photo/ observation or art work, then I draw a smiley face which represents an area of learning ( eg. Red is psrn) and write a development matters comment and then next steps. The next steps is put onto my planning sheet for tomorrow/ next session/ next week as appropriate .

I keep a track of all obs etc under each heading linking to age bracket to make sure everything is heading in the right direction.

Three times a year I write an individual plan linking to age brackets with relevant statements from developmental matters which goes in the learning journal

Hope that helps