PDA

View Full Version : how long is the wait

debbie1
14-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone just wondering once all paperwork is in with CSSIW how long do you wait for inspection to become registered and can you advertise before then to get children on your books for when you are ready thanks Debbie:)

tulip0803
14-11-2011, 08:15 PM
CSSIW aim to have all childminders registered within 6 months of the application forms going in. This means some lucky people are registered in 3 months, however in 2008 it took me 11 months to register with CSSIW:( .

The pre-registration inspection visit is the final part of the application process and when it is will depend on how quickly things like references, CRB checks, Social Services checks and the medical forms are returned and completed. Mine was 9 months after my application went in. After the inspection you can expect to be registered in about 2-4 weeks unless they suddenly find something else to delay it:rolleyes: like mine.

Hassle them a lot - asking about how the progress is going they seem to need it sometimes. You can advertise for children before registration but it is difficult to know how long CSSIW will take, I had people waiting and eventually they had to make other arrangements:( . Keep asking CSSIW how long it will be.