PDA

View Full Version : Strange phone call

edsmum
16-05-2008, 10:21 AM
not sure where to post this can you put it where you think best.

I have just had a very strange phone call from an agency claiming they spoke to me in October and that i agreed to pay £99.00 to sponsor a set of child protection books to go into local schools and that my details are on the books! they said they were invoicing me this week.

I never had this phone call in october as i would remember agreeing to pay that much money not that i could afford to anyway.

as soon as i began to protest and said i had not agreed to anything she put the phone down.

I wanted to warn you all incase this happens to anyone else.

Rachel

i'll let you know if i get an invoice.

archie_fields
16-05-2008, 10:30 AM
How bizarre, definitely sounds like a scam.

sarah707
16-05-2008, 10:31 AM
How scary!

Sounds like another scam... thank you for sharing and making us all aware...

I moved you to 'minding chat' hope that's ok :D

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for letting us know so we can be on our guard

The cheek of some people

Angel xxx

Pipsqueak
16-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks. Perhaps you should let your DO or CIS know about it so they can alert other minders in your area?

wendywu
16-05-2008, 11:15 AM
How strange, never come across anything like this before. But im sure no company would print details on books and give them out to schools before getting any money up front. They must take us for mugs:panic:

Wendy Woo
16-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Def got to be a scam!!! Sounds very weird to me. Thanx 4 the post

jaja
16-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I must be getting all the scams at the mo!!! had EIGHT phone calls in one week, "you said u would pay £175 to advertise in our book" Not heard off before, "you said you would sponser a child for wish upon a star, u said £200," when i say i havent spoken to anyone they were getting very upset with me, so i said send me some imformation to read and then phone back, two days later another person phoned from the same company asking for my card details to take the payment, plus no details have ever turned up!!!!! beware there are lots of these scams going around at the mo. The last one swore down the phone and told me i shouldnt make promises!~(which i never did!)

I seem to attract them!!!:blush:

Spangles
16-05-2008, 12:41 PM
It's scary isn't it when this kind of thing happens because obviously lots of people fall for it otherwise it wouldn't be worth their while doing it.

Thank you for the warning.