PDA

View Full Version : Storing antibac (spray versus wipes)

mummyMia
13-11-2011, 09:23 PM
This is probably a really silly question ... :)

I have been thinking about the best way to clean changing mats. I looked at old threads and it seems that most of you use either antibac wipes or antibac spray with kitchen paper. I would prefer to use the spray as it is cheaper but I am guessing that it needs to be locked away like other cleaning chemicals. It seems like the biggest hassle ever to go and fetch antibac from a locked cupboard for every single nappy change!

Do the wipes have to be locked away? Or can they be kept on the changing table? Where do you store yours?

kel1983
13-11-2011, 09:28 PM
We use spray and kitchen roll. A lot cheaper than the wipes.
Our cleaning chemicals are all kept in a high cupboard in our utility area. Not locked though.

The spray lives on a shelf in the kitchen so its easily accessable to us but not the children.

PixiePetal
13-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I have a changing table in playroom with high shelf above. It is in a box on the shelf with the nappies etc

samb
13-11-2011, 10:51 PM
I have wipes at the moment purely as they were on offer and at the end of the day it easier for me to store and use quickly. I have a tall cabinet in my bathroom, the bottom section is my nappy changing stuff and amongst it are my anti bac wipes. They are not high up or locked away, just risk assessed and in best position for me to use. I figure it is more of a risk to have to leave a child in the bathroom to go to my kitchen to get the spray and towels each time than to just use with them sitting next to me.

sarah707
14-11-2011, 07:51 AM
I use spray - I take the mat with me to the kitchen and spray and wipe with towels after I have put the nappy outside.

I don't lock spray away it is on the window ledge risk assessed in a box along with washing up liquid, rubber gloves and hand wash.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
14-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I use milton wipes and they sit on the table next to the wet wipes, gloves and nappies out of the reach of the children. Ofsted didn't have a problem with this during my inspection in Sept.

snufflepuff
14-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I change nappies on a mat on the floor- the mat is tucked under my sofa when not in use. Wipes, nappies, antibac spray etc are kept in a basket in my ikea unit a few feet away from where the changing mat is stored. The basket is too high for children to reach. I just grab what I need in one go, and usually go to the hallway to change nappies because there are other children playing in the living room.

mummyMia
14-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Thank you, this makes things easier:)

I think I will just keep a spray bottle on a high level shelf in the WC. This will be so much quicker than running to the locked cupboard every time!