PDA

View Full Version : aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

devoncm
16-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Im starting to think why do i b****y bother!!!!!!!!
Everything is going from bad to worse at the moment!!!!
Ive just had ofsted round because they had a complaint against me!!!!

I knew straight away who it was from and i couldnt believe it as i had done loads of favours for her

You might remember a post a while ago about my mindee boy going because she didnt like that i had took him out even though she signed the contract stating i can-else i couldnt have him as i had school runs to do with him in my care this is one of the things she complained about even though she was early picking him up by 45 minutes and i was on my way back with him but she couldnt wait!
The other was that she has picked him up from me before saying that he was soaking wet-i also know when this was as she only ever gave me 2 or 3 nappies and they had got used the last one an hour before she picked him up, when she did pick him up i said that he may have just dirtied the nappy but i cant change him as you only left me with 2 nappies she said ok that it was fine and that she will supply more in future-now ive been told that i should supply nappies for children just in case the parent is too thick and stupid to leave enough-when mine were little i always had at least 10 packed when i went out!!

She also inspected my house while she was here as i have just moved- now i feel a real failure!! my kitchen has doors off so cant have it registered, my hallway is wooden floor and might cause splinters or a trip as one wobbles which will be sorted anyway so that is not registered no bedrooms can be registered as there are no locks on windows and my garden cant be registered as that is just awful tbh-come on ive just moved for crying out loud-the first thing we done was living room so the children had somewhere safe to play-now she tells me that i need a fire guard even though the fire is on!! so the only rooms in my house that i can use are my lounge and bathroom-what do they do climb in through window as hall is not reg-then how do they get to the bathroom???
i know and understand its all about saftey but my hallway is really quite safe!!!

sorry to rant and post such a long post but that has just been the icing on the cake!!
we cant afford to do everything at once as all oh wages pays all the bills and shopping there is none left after all that

Banana
16-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Poor you!!

Sending you big hugs!!! What a horrible start to the day for you. Dont worry too much, just get things sorted as and when you can and then you will get the rooms registered when you are organised. I know you must be feelig a bit overwhelmed :(

Hope you are ok

x

devoncm
16-05-2008, 10:06 AM
were slowly getting there, its just a bit annoying that she complained about me esp about the wet nappy as she could of come to me first about it but she didnt she carried on as normal.

It didnt help that the lady came and my house was a mess-luckily i did have the dishes done but had washing everywhere and didnt look good at all

forgot to say she has only given me two weeks to do it!!! (not the kitchen)

Banana
16-05-2008, 10:08 AM
were slowly getting there, its just a bit annoying that she complained about me esp about the wet nappy as she could of come to me first about it but she didnt she carried on as normal.

It didnt help that the lady came and my house was a mess-luckily i did have the dishes done but had washing everywhere and didnt look good at all

God help me if Ofsted come to me unannouced - The upstairs is a shambles at the moment - I think I'd be shutdown! :blush: Washing is coming out my ears!

Please dont worry about it. What a horrible thing the mum has done!

x

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear this Marie

Hope you get it all sorted soon and get things back to normal

Hugs to you

Angel xxx

sarah707
16-05-2008, 10:09 AM
You have to supply nappies just in case parents forget to send them...?!? What a nonsense!

Poor you Marie... you'll just have to work through the most important ones to get your hall and kitchen registered, then look at the rest when you have the time / money.

Big hugs xx

berkschick
16-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Im sorry this has happened to you, what a bad start to the weekend.

As for the nappies, no way am I keeping spares here. I have babies in size 2, 3, 4, 5 and 5+!

I hope things get sorted quickly for you. Did they say what would happen next regarding the complaint?

ma7ie
16-05-2008, 10:15 AM
What a horrible nasty woman.

Do you state that parents have to supply nappies on your contracts? If so, Ofsted can't argue with that.

Hope you feel better soon.

devoncm
16-05-2008, 10:24 AM
yes i tell all my parents if there child is in nappies then they must provide them next time i will make sure it is in contarct in big letters so does not get missed!!

she did say that everything seems ok but the complaint will go on my report she does when she comes back in a month to inspect me children or no children.
i get summary of complaint and so does the parent

im sure i have spare bits of carpet left from lounge that can go down in hall until we can get another one

thanks for replies feeling a bit better now

this afternoons mission= start painting hall so carpet can go down sooner!!

i know theres usually a brighter side i just need to find it.

ma7ie
16-05-2008, 10:28 AM
What about a carpet runner for the hall until it's sorted. So long as you put anti slip pads underneath it might be ok.

Just a thought.

I really feel for you. There are some really nasty vindictive people about.:angry:

littlewonders
16-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Awww thats awful! Some people are so two faced it's unreal! Why can't parents speak to the childminder first :angry:

I am glad you are starting to feel a bit better. I hope things get sorted soon.

Hugs, Sam xx

katickles
16-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh i'm sorry this lady has complained - I don't see why they complain to ofsted before speaking to childminders first, other than doing it to be nasty that is! :mad:

Like the others have said, do what you can do & as you manage the rooms just get them registered satrting with the hall.

As for the nappies - if ofsted say we have to supply them thats just stupid, its your business & you decide what to supply.

Hope you have a good weekend without worrying to much!

Hugs x

wendywu
16-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Marie are you still minding this child? Or is it an ex mindee:eek:

mrsb
16-05-2008, 12:09 PM
OMG! some people are unbelievable aren't they:angry:

As all the others have said, just do what you can for now, do something smallish each day and it will be done before you know it *hugs

Hope you can move on and put it behind you soon.

As for the mother, I hope you let every other childminder know what she is like:censored:

scottie
16-05-2008, 12:10 PM
you have really be in the wars life can some times feel :censored: but it will get better in the mean time you rant all you want

bakingmama
16-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi Marie,

I feel sooo sorry for you. I had a complaint against me by a so called friend who's daughter I minded. I knew she would be a pain but felt I couldn't turn her down. Anyway when she decided she didn't need me anymore she just stuck a note through my door, so I told her she still had to give me a months notice aswell as paying for the time I had minded her daughter. I saw her at the school and said "Hello" and she said "hello" with this false smile. I knew then that she was going to call Ofsted with some outrageous complaint and she did. (That's the sort of b***h she is)

Ofsted came unnanounced and said someone had told them that I had a dangerous dog. They saw my dog and said that the dog is fine and I told her I knew who had made the complaint and that I was because she owed me money. She then rang Ofsted again saying I was looking after a sick child and shouldn't be minding. But I had already explained to Ofsted that my son was sick on the saturday and was keeping him off of school becuase he still wasn't eating or drinking properly This was on the Wednesday.

So when Ofsted did their report they stated that I wasn't a health risk and that there wasn't a dangerous animal on the premises and she would have received a copy of this report.

It really put me of minding for a while and I felt like quiting. Only good thing is I see her at the school and I have got six children with me so it's two fingers up to her! But I did re-home our dog because there is no way I want to go through something like that again, I was very sad to let our dog go and so were my two children.

Anne

devoncm
16-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone, feeling better.
no i dont have her child anymore she came and picked him up from where i was at and said that she has found another minder that was willing to have him-all withing the space of an hour she had rang around found someone available went to see them and signed contract for different hours each day and i doubt her son settled very well as it took him a month for him to stop crying when i had him as she would never stay with the baby and when i had to ring her one day to get him as he was so upset and cried non stop for 2 1/2 hours she was very put out by it tbh im glad i dont have him as his hours varied constantly and never had him long enough to go anywhere which meant all summer holidays staying at home as was usually an hour in moring and couple hours about 3 hours later so there was no chance of going out for the day-im just annoyedthat she complained about things that were her own fault

Blaze
16-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Have you other mindees at the moment...whilst you had your spot inspection were they present ?

ruby
16-05-2008, 12:27 PM
what a horrible parent :angry:

surely she should have come to you first if she was having problems

that i have to add were her own doing

she should have brought you more nappies 2 nappies are never enough for little ones

and if you explain that you had to do school runs than i don't see how she could complain.

hope things will improve and as Mrsb says do it a bit at a time and it will soon be done

cathy

LOOPYLISA
16-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Im starting to think why do i b****y bother!!!!!!!!
Everything is going from bad to worse at the moment!!!!
Ive just had ofsted round because they had a complaint against me!!!!

I knew straight away who it was from and i couldnt believe it as i had done loads of favours for her

You might remember a post a while ago about my mindee boy going because she didnt like that i had took him out even though she signed the contract stating i can-else i couldnt have him as i had school runs to do with him in my care this is one of the things she complained about even though she was early picking him up by 45 minutes and i was on my way back with him but she couldnt wait!
The other was that she has picked him up from me before saying that he was soaking wet-i also know when this was as she only ever gave me 2 or 3 nappies and they had got used the last one an hour before she picked him up, when she did pick him up i said that he may have just dirtied the nappy but i cant change him as you only left me with 2 nappies she said ok that it was fine and that she will supply more in future-now ive been told that i should supply nappies for children just in case the parent is too thick and stupid to leave enough-when mine were little i always had at least 10 packed when i went out!!

She also inspected my house while she was here as i have just moved- now i feel a real failure!! my kitchen has doors off so cant have it registered, my hallway is wooden floor and might cause splinters or a trip as one wobbles which will be sorted anyway so that is not registered no bedrooms can be registered as there are no locks on windows and my garden cant be registered as that is just awful tbh-come on ive just moved for crying out loud-the first thing we done was living room so the children had somewhere safe to play-now she tells me that i need a fire guard even though the fire is on!! so the only rooms in my house that i can use are my lounge and bathroom-what do they do climb in through window as hall is not reg-then how do they get to the bathroom???
i know and understand its all about saftey but my hallway is really quite safe!!!

sorry to rant and post such a long post but that has just been the icing on the cake!!
we cant afford to do everything at once as all oh wages pays all the bills and shopping there is none left after all that

Im having one of those days!, hugs to you x

Spangles
16-05-2008, 12:50 PM
OMG what a horrible mum! I hope the child is an ex-mindee now as she sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

I've thought about having spare nappies before but have decided against it as I have no space to store loads of different sized nappies 'just in case'! It's up to parents to supply enough for each day as far as I'm concerned! Anyway, as soon as they realised you had your own they'd probably stop bringing them altogether!

I'm sorry that your inspector didn't sound very sympathetic or helpful either. Can't believe she's only registered your lounge and bathroom, she sounds extra picky.

I hope that it all comes together soon and that you find some acceptable (to the inspector) temporary measures to get other areas registered.

xx

vix84
16-05-2008, 01:19 PM
What a nightmare - I know how you feel, one parent made an invoice for me and messed up the dates one week, so I didnt collect her child that day, and got a phone call saying 'did you forget someone' I said no, the days were different this week, see your invoice, and then she was threatening to ring Ofsted etc. which she did, but a complaint wasnt made.
And then my neighbour who I fell out with put in an allegation I was swearing and shouting and had too many mindees!!

Some people are just pathetic, and waste Ofsted's time when there are far more serious things they should be investigating! My inspector was great, sorry your wasnt more helpfull!!
Just do the main things you can, and make Ofsted aware of what you have done, maybe do some risk assesments to show them - ie - children will be well superised when walking from door to lounge:rolleyes: !!

Sounds like you are beter off without that parent - Im so glad Ive learnt to do contracts properly, get paid in advance, and listen to gut instinct!

wendywu
16-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Rule No 1.. If the house is in a mess and the kids are doing things they should not, and the cat has just had kittens on the kitchen table in the middle of lunch AND the door bell goes AND you dont know who it is DONT answer it.

Rule No 2.. If there is a complaint against you and it is just her word against yours for example the wet nappies JUST DENY IT. :littleangel:

berkschick
16-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Rule No 1.. If the house is in a mess and the kids are doing things they should not, and the cat has just had kittens on the kitchen table in the middle of lunch AND the door bell goes AND you dont know who it is DONT answer it.

Rule No 2.. If there is a complaint against you and it is just her word against yours for example the wet nappies JUST DENY IT. :littleangel:

Great adivce :thumbsup:

ma7ie
16-05-2008, 02:28 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I couldn't agree more.

miffy
16-05-2008, 03:48 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good thinking!

miffy xx

LittleAcorns
17-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Marie, how are you feeling today???.

Dont beat yourself up, babe, we're only human.

I have ofsted coming next week and I know I still wont be organised, even though I know theyre coming!! I dread to think what she'll say about my dining room and play room, we recently took the carpet up as our new puppy had used it one too many times as a toilet (nice) my argument is that I weighed up the risk factor of a baby crawling through dog wee and picking up all sorts of germs, to a toddler falling on a hard floor!! (the playroom/extention unfortunately is a concrete floor, but ive put lots of rugs and play mats down)
My thinking is, I dont allow running in the house and if they were to fall its only like falling in the garden!! these things take time, I would have loved to rip the carpet up and put a new shiny floor down, but as we have to do the dining room play room and kitchen as its open plan........we're talking quite a bit of dosh!! the children are fine and the parents are fine with it.

Paper work OMG!!!! its coming out my ears, I have everything (almost) in place that I should have but its all just "popped" in my cupboard .......... need organisation skills downloaded to brain :laughing: :laughing:

devoncm
20-05-2008, 10:05 AM
thanks everyone for al repies im feling much btter everone i have spoke to has said how stupid the complaint and how riculous not registering my hallway-the one set of parents i have asked how their son was meant to go to the bathroom if needed if not allowed in hallway and where was he meant to eat his dinner.

i recieved my letter of action from ofsted today stating actions needed and how i completed it and when so under the nappy changing i have put i have always changed a nappy when needed and always before going out/coming back even if not needed, i have always changed a nappy if i have one just before being due to pick up but i stated that i do not supply nappies as if i have children in 3 different sizes then its too much cost to me and that is not why i became a childminder