PDA

View Full Version : LJ needed for 1.5-4 hours a week?

jadavi
13-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm taking on 2 brothers, 18 mos and 4, 4 yo is at nursery.

I'm having the 4 y o for 2.5 hours while his sibs have a swim lesson
Do I need to do a LJ for him? Should I contact his nursery>

The 18 months lad is coming for 4.5 hours a week, I guess he needs one too?

Advice appreciated as ever.:)

sarah707
13-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes they both need some kind of paperwork - maybe a photo album with highlights from their time with you or a scrapbook... the older one could contribute pictures and take photos of models and car tracks etc.

Hth :D

kel1983
13-11-2011, 08:39 PM
We do scrapbooks which we put all their work in. We also ut any photos we take of them in their too

stonecourtcare
14-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. I have a little boy for just 1 hour after school each week day and I take his twin 3 yo sisters to local playgroup for 1.5 hours twice a week. How I meet the recording requirements is I have a couple of school exercise books that I just write a sentence in for each day recording progress and activities. I can also use it to stick in art work and photo's. Obviously I can't take photo's of the girls at playgroup because of the issues of other children and parental permission. Hope this helps.

jadavi
14-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks, yes I do for LJs other so am OK about that its just such a short period and the 4 yo has one at nursery, wondered if it was really nec. The 4 yo is only with me for 2.5 hours a week and that is after nursery - slump infront of TV mum says...

Cheers, I appreciate the answers.

gigglinggoblin
14-11-2011, 10:08 AM
My do was here the other day and said she would expect me to get an obs for each bit of EYFS within 2 years if he is only attending 1 session a week (3 hours), I have a sort of tick chart somewhere so you can keep an eye on what you are observing and make sure you cover all the areas. I tend to take photos when I can and write a little bit every couple of weeks at least