PDA

View Full Version : Christmas for mindees

Banana
01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Just wondering if you all did a mini christmas day for your mindees where you give them their present and if you make them a christmas dinner. I was planning to and wondered if any of you had any nice ideas to do on the day aswell.

I plan to make them lunch, then have presents, then I was trying to think of something festive to finish the day off. Going to have my christmas cd playing all day for them... ha ha, they'll be leaving my house a bit mental from having mariah carey on repeat :D

xx

sarah707
02-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I usually do a bit of a disco - with musical bumps and statues, which generally degenerates into a free-for-all depending on what time the teenagers come back from school! For 'rest time' we watch a Christmassy DVD - Spot's first Christmas or Flintstones Christmas Carol went down well last year - we go to choose it from Blockbuster together the day before and buy the food at the same time (healthy of course!!)
We make our own sausage roll ups (good sausages in flattened bread), have fruit salad (children's choice of fruit and they cut and serve) and bake some cakes in the morning...
It's fun!

Banana
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds good Sarah.

I was thinking of a christmas dvd for quiet time at the end of the day. The idea about the disco is good. I expect they would enjoy that with some games.

Im so excited about christmas. I want to do festive things all the time lol

xxxxxx

nannan
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
sounds lovely and noisy, I will have to try and plan something for my little ones, normally my decs dont go up until the 15th, and my mindees are home with mum from friday 14th, so I might have to get the decs up early, to get the little ones in the mood for when they start they holiday with mum.

mel
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I hadn't thought about a Christmas party. Maybe I should do this on my last full day....more to think about ;)

Mel x

angeldelight
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
We are having a christmas party in the evening on the 21st December

Like a disco type of thing

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm taking my mindee's to the Panto on the 15th to see Alladin x

angeldelight
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
That will be nice Susan have a nice time

Angel xx

nannan
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
that will be lovely Susan, hope you have a lovely time,

fionamal
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I am having a Xmas Party for them on the 19th as thats the last day that i will have them all.

Got presents under the tree for them all and making party bags for them as well. Hope to play lots of party games and some disco dancing.

Will have a buffet lunch as well as I think a few mums are coming as thats the only way i am able to have all the 8 kids at the same time.

Should be fun, feel sorry for the neighbourghs though but never mind its only for the one day.

Cammie Doodle
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
We are doing our Christmas Party on the 20th (joint one with mine and Carolyn's mindees) :D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi

I am not doing anything for the mindees this year as one goes at 12.00 and the other at 3.00 and then I have one until 5.00 and one is not allowed to celebrate christmas so this year I am just giving the two of them presents and a card.

Hope you all have a great time doing the partys they sound like great fun.

Lorraine xx

Chell
03-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Asda have Christmas DVDs for £5.:D

LittleMissSparkles
03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
that will be lovely Susan, hope you have a lovely time,

Have had to change the date to the friday evening show now on the 14th as by the time parents gave me their permission slips back it was fully booked for the saturday afternoon..... the lady has reserved the seats for me now till i no who can go.... why didnt she do that for me to start with !!!!!

Twinkles
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm hiring a hall with three other minders and we'll have a huge party on the 21st ( my last minding day before Christmas ) lots of games, nice food and complete chaos! We've done it for a couple of years now and the parents appreciate the couple of child free hours for last minute shopping e.t.c.
Some of my friends will take their mindees to the crib service on Christmas eve but I'll have finished by then - I may see if I can borrow a child to take as it's such a lovely service!

Raggydolls
05-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm taking my mindee's to the Panto on the 15th to see Alladin x

Im going to see Aladin this friday - the one in newcastle theatre royal :-) i wont spill too many beans about it, we have already booked up for next year too, front row seats.

angeldelight
05-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Hope you enjoy it

Angel xx

emler
05-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm taking my mindees to the theatre to see The Singing Kettle Christmas Show this weekend & we will have a little Christmas party in the house on my last minding day. I'm more excited than the kids I think lol

Emler x

jeanybeany
24-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm taking my mindees to about 3 parties. One is with surestart at the local town hall, where they have to dress up and get a visit from santa, one at toddler group (this was great last year) and one at another toddler group on a sunday. Parents are coming to this one too. I am going to have a little party at home for the older ones too. Can't wait:jump for joy:

marion123
25-11-2008, 09:46 AM
i do a party for mine on the last day of minding them this year its on 23 dec :)

Monkey1
25-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I will be doing a christmas party on the 23rd and i have one leaving for big school that day too!:panic:

charleyfarley
25-11-2008, 11:05 AM
We always have a party with games and dancing on the last day I have all the children together. Don't know yet as no one has told me :huh:

Carol xx