PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Basket Information Leaflet?

jumpinjen
12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi,

I have made a lovely treasure basket for my nephew for Christmas, but my sister-in-law is a little antsy about the 'recommended' ages on toys and resources and follows every single safety reccomendation ever made about food and clothes and temperatures etc etc and I'm worried she's going to freak out about the idea of her son playing with household items!

I thought I could print some information to go with it so she understands it more and wondered if you lovely resourceful people have any links to share that will help me?!

Thanks, Jen x

miffy
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
How old is your nephew Jen?

Miffy xx

miffy
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Just found this

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:gMQ6YNnkXn8J:www.rnib.org.uk/professionals/Documents/treasure_baskets.doc+rnib+treasure+baskets&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShbcpZ0Qfkgh0v4b5H3REP5LUitp2cT7GcZI1BE gKV_55fl2V-7S1x02r0FEHqlTohR8khiO05Rf29LagRmRVYNomGBJxoztk6mL 1diLwgU3lpZA95SF4x3YwQ2zbO-N-DphUql&sig=AHIEtbRoVsrfZWmredgumdBKNa4MfrwBPw

Miffy xx

flowerpots
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Is this of any use?

http://www.peep.org.uk/standard.asp?id=300

jumpinjen
13-11-2011, 01:49 PM
How old is your nephew Jen?

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy,
He'll be 10 months at Christmas time - they live in Canada and are over for Christmas, otherwise I'd have given it to him sooner! the links you and flowerpots found are really useful - I want to convey why the treasure basket is so great and try to get her to sit back and not be over involved with it, and my brain can't string a sensible sentence together at the moment!

Thanks, Jen x

miffy
13-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Aaawww 10 months, I bet you can't wait to see them all.

Good luck with the leaflet, I'm sure you'll pitch it just right.

Miffy xx

samb
13-11-2011, 10:47 PM
What a lovely idea and I think you are right to put in a professional looking leaflet too.

xgemx
14-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi it sounds like a lovely thoughtful present, ive read a lot on here about treasure baskets could you give me an idea on what you have put in yours as im still not sure what to put in one

PixiePetal
14-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi it sounds like a lovely thoughtful present, ive read a lot on here about treasure baskets could you give me an idea on what you have put in yours as im still not sure what to put in one

lots of ideas on the links posted above, or search the forum for treasure basket as we have had threads before for ideas :thumbsup: