PDA

View Full Version : daily checks

lulubelle
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
after doing my risk assessment course i realised i dont have a daily check list, the tutor said it isnt a requirement but is good practice and instead of signing one off everyday just have a list of what is done and then to write in diary daily checks done so i was wondering what everyone else has on their daily checks?

blue bear
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I have my smole alarm ( weekly). Fridge clean ( weekly ) and daily temp check outside ( daily) plus clean floors and countertops (am and pm) on the bottom of my register in a tick box form

Wendybird
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Ah, I was wondering about this too. I was thinking a list for every day and then write a tick box in my diary (do this with weekly fire alarm check as well). For me I was thinking things like visual check of toys to ensure appropriate ones are out for kids that day, clean floors & worktops, clear fire exits, safety gate up at bottom of stairs, right bedding in cots for the kids there that day, check outside for cat poo or 'presents' left, understairs cupboard locked, clean nappies (I have a cloth nappy service) and nappy change area, clean towels out for each child (they all have seperate colour towels for drying hands), correct cars seats in the car if we are going out, and fridge temp. I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure there is!

Rosy Days
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello, I do a daily risk assessment, I've put a list together covering all basic daily risk assessments, for example, all radiators correct temperature, fire guard in place, no trip hazards etc. I have a small list for each room and one for the garden. I also have a weekly list where I check smoke alarms etc. These lists are laminated and in my RA folder.

In this same folder, I have a blank page with columns titled, date, type - ie weekly/daily, action required, fridge temp, signature and just fill it in each day.

I also keep my other risk assessments in this folder as well, so they are all together.

This way works great for me and once all set up is really straight forward.

X

miffy
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
There's one here that might help you

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:XFod-BwparAJ:www.suffolk.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/032F3992-C26B-4787-A0DB-E5708B27CB34/0/20080312DAILYRISKASSESSMENTCHECKLISTv10final.doc+r isk+assessment+daily+check+list&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESicaMWDn0ZxZ1j663NCTjqxBqhbzXKyy_xnkEDD lA1U6rC9YX1BoL-6P6SbqRfPSBIKpxMPAkSP4PtFyc5TuHDvHRG4CcxCEYmRxFtBd PXqihutVpj1gu8wYzXHEylJnht22nvi&sig=AHIEtbT-3dib9AQpOA04U-_UtVDLRxqQ-Q

Miffy xx

catswhiskers
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I've never done a daily risk assessment - mine are done every couple of months.

Where would you find the time? Commonsense covers everything.

I've got a template that I check to every 6-8 weeks and just sign and date.

My Ofsted inspection was in September and she was happy with this and I got an outstanding.

I've read that in nurseries risk assessments are done yearly.

PixiePetal
13-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I have a list of daily things - clean t -towel, enough loo roll, clean floors, dog food away, clear any mess in garden, pick up fallen apples etc which I do automatically then write in diary that they are checked - note any that were not too, also fridge/freezer with a tick when checked.

used to do a daily tick list but got through too much paper!

*daisychain*
17-11-2011, 10:32 PM
does anyone think that they really need one ? is it just to please ofsted or do you really need a reminder to do these things ? sorry if I sound negative but I feel the time I spend doing things like this I could be interacting with the children. I don't need to read on a tick list , I just do what needs doing as I'm sure most of you do

debh
18-11-2011, 07:11 AM
We have full risk assesment that we do every few months,a weekly fridge check and outings rsk assesments. Check for risks constantly and if any new risks occur I sort them out immediatly.I did have a weekly checklist but what a waste of time. As childminders one of our main concerns is keeping children safe and I don't think we need lots of documentation to prove this, just more paperwork to prove to OFSTED what we do naturally .

flowerpots
18-11-2011, 07:43 AM
There's one here that might help you

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:XFod-BwparAJ:www.suffolk.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/032F3992-C26B-4787-A0DB-E5708B27CB34/0/20080312DAILYRISKASSESSMENTCHECKLISTv10final.doc+r isk+assessment+daily+check+list&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESicaMWDn0ZxZ1j663NCTjqxBqhbzXKyy_xnkEDD lA1U6rC9YX1BoL-6P6SbqRfPSBIKpxMPAkSP4PtFyc5TuHDvHRG4CcxCEYmRxFtBd PXqihutVpj1gu8wYzXHEylJnht22nvi&sig=AHIEtbT-3dib9AQpOA04U-_UtVDLRxqQ-Q

Miffy xx

Thankyou miffy. :thumbsup:

miffy
18-11-2011, 07:46 AM
does anyone think that they really need one ? is it just to please ofsted or do you really need a reminder to do these things ? sorry if I sound negative but I feel the time I spend doing things like this I could be interacting with the children. I don't need to read on a tick list , I just do what needs doing as I'm sure most of you do

No, I never had one until we were expected to do written risk assessments. I run through the checklist every day in my head but rarely refer to the written one.

Miffy xx