PDA

View Full Version : what are your activities for the last few weeks of nov

lou lou
11-11-2011, 11:45 AM
just wondering what your activities are for the last weeks of november i have done leaves and autumn and bonfire night still feel it is a little early to start on xmas till the begining of december

kel1983
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
We started Autumn thee at the beginning of October and planned to continue till end of November but like you we have done everything. I definately think its too soon to be doing christmas or winter. Dont even want to think about it till right now.

JulieA
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
We are making some hedgehogs using leaves and twigs - paper templates to stick leaves or twigs to for the younger ones, and salt dough to stick twigs into for spines for the older ones.
Then I will explain that the hedgehogs have a special sleep in the Winter (hibernation), and the type of home they will sleep in; tied in with One Snowy Night story, and accompanied by the song "A hedgehog is very prickly".
All nicely leading into Winter!

Toothfairy
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Over the last few weeks we have done Autumn, Halloween, Bonfire night and Remembrance Day. The next few weeks we are looking at Thanks giving, Children in need and we will start on Winter.

AgentTink
11-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanksgiving (american flag, turkey etc), Children in Need (lots of things to do for this. Sarah707 on here has lots of ideas if you do a search for children in need) and Road Safety Week (linked into people who help us)

jumping j
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
we've done bonfire night and remembrance day for the first two weeks, then we're going to look at our family and make a mini family tree (i've asked parents to send in pictures of themselves and grandparents, I thought this could link in with family time at christmas and family traditions which we'll start at the beginning of december.

loocyloo
11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
ooo, i like everyones ideas about hibernation & families.

i'm vaguely doing 'space' having had fireworks in the sky, rockets, space ships & planets and ending up with stars, ready to lead into christmas

x

Tink
11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
We have done Bonfire/fireworks, Eid and Remembrance day then we are doing Children in Need and St Andrew's day as well as our Autumn theme.

Vickster
11-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I can't wait to do themes etc like that! My minded children are 20 months (boy who will only do painting/play doh/sand etc if there are cars involved). 13 month old girl and a 9 month old girl starting first week of Dec. I only work three days. My daughter is 2.5 (nearly) and is interested, but I tend to do those things when the babes are sleeping!

monkeyingaround
20-11-2011, 10:24 AM
we did autumn and bonfire night. We moved onto transport last week as my little one is keen on trains at the moment which will lead well into road safety week too :0) After that we are moving onto winter. x
Adele

p.s. there is a hedgehog idea on here if any one is still covering Autumn animals http://playfullearners.com/2011/11/04/pumpkin-the-hedgehog/

Zoomie
20-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Oooh, I do love that hedgehog.

Just the thing to use all those pumpkin seeds I lovingly dried out :D

Thanks you :thumbsup:

janminder
20-11-2011, 11:03 AM
The week after fireworks we do 'space' the children draw rockets, spaceships and we stick them on a large black sheet which they have decorated with stars and when possible during November we get out the telescope, not had too much luck so far getting clear nights so they can all see especially for one child who is only with me one day after school.

Joda
20-11-2011, 11:14 AM
We usually do road safety at the end of November as I'm sure it's Road Safety Week soon (must check!).
I've also got some activity sheets etc for American Thanksgiving and St Andrew's Day (any excuse to eat shortbread!)

miss mopple
20-11-2011, 12:42 PM
We're learning about volume this week- packing boxes ready for my house move friday :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
20-11-2011, 04:08 PM
We're learning about volume this week- packing boxes ready for my house move friday :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Good planning :thumbsup:

I was also wondering what to do as we have done bonfire night, remembrance day, children in need!" Think the planning was "People who Help Us" but the oldest child I have during the day was just 2 this week so may have to re-think!

Some of the schoolies asked if they could do Father Christmas colouring pictures last week and were firmly told not until the beginning of December :panic: