PDA

View Full Version : what do i ask

bryzach
16-05-2008, 06:25 AM
hi all i have my first praent coming today to see me about her two children starting but im really not sure what to ask her can anyone give some advice pls. they are coming at 10am :panic: :panic: :panic:

miffy
16-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Well that's good news - are you registered now?

Do you have a brochure to show the parent then you can talk her through that.

The information you will need is details of when she wants the children to come to you, how old they are, where you will have to take them to (school, playgroup etc) and/or collect them from, what meals she wants you tp provide etc - this information should all be covered by your paperwork

At this stage it's more of an informal chat to see if you are suited to one another.

Good luck
miffy xx

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 06:38 AM
That is good news

Yes show her your folder - when she is reading that maybe you could chat / play with the children depending if they want to and depending on their age of course
Get some toys out or a few books for them to look at so they do not get bored

Mom will want to see how you interact with them so just be yourself

Show mom around your house - where they will play - where they will sleep / eat etc

Your fees / late fees / contracts / sickness etc etc etc

Payments in advance etc

You ask mom about the children what they need / like
When do they sleep if they are little ones
Are they out of nappies etc etc

Just be yourself im sure all the questions will come

Lots of good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

bryzach
16-05-2008, 06:50 AM
oh thank you so much for that will let you all know how i get on.:)

littletreasures
16-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Good luck

littletreasures

Splish Splosh
16-05-2008, 10:09 AM
good luck:)

devoncm
16-05-2008, 10:26 AM
good luck hope it went well

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 10:56 AM
How did it go this morning ?

Angel xx

NikNak
16-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Only just read this thread so prob too late but you could for next time write down all the questions you need to ask and areas to cover like others have suggested. Thats what I do because I get so tongue tied when im nervous and forget everything I should be saying.

I write the questions like bullet points and type them up so it looks professional! The parents I have met so far have all been impressed with this as they are nervous too and all the imporatnt stuff just goes out of your head.

It is a nerve racking process for everyone involved I think. I get all shaky before a prospective parent comes round and imagine all sorts of embarrassing scenarios that might happen or that I might mean to say something and it comes out all wrong!!!!!

Let us know how it went.x

caza
16-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Hope everything went well for you :)

Caroline

ma7ie
16-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Hope all went well.

Spangles
16-05-2008, 01:04 PM
How did it go?