PDA

View Full Version : My inspector came today

aly
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
and I was in....:clapping::clapping:

lol She phoned this morning as she said she missed me a couple of times and after 2 times they ring for apt....anyway she came and said that it wasn't a full inspection as they are doing a new thing just for this year!...and I was the guinea pig.:cool:
She said her and other inspectors didnt agree and did complain but was told they had to. they had to be here for a specific time only and only look at first aid, insurance and signing in book. and her observing me.

She was here for about 1 hour and very pleased with me and said she is happy to give me another under 5 place ...:clapping: as long as i send in a variation form.

She couldnt have come at a worst week but so glad it's ovr with {for a year anyway :eek:}

She said the 4's will never be classed as 5's but all that is still in process and not finalised.

manjay
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Fantastic:thumbsup:

CSSIW are adopting a lighter touch inspection process - all to do with less money:rolleyes: . I wouldn't be surprised if they are less frequent over time either on settings they don't have concerns with.

You can relax now x

tialil
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Fab news Aly :clapping:

sarah707
10-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

aly
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Fantastic:thumbsup:

CSSIW are adopting a lighter touch inspection process - all to do with less money:rolleyes: . I wouldn't be surprised if they are less frequent over time either on settings they don't have concerns with.

You can relax now x
yeah she did say it was money related...lol.

i was just gutted as i had everything ready, all the kids files, paperwork etc in place and she couldnt check it..!lol

Polly2
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Well done Aly :clapping: bet you are glad thats over with!

aly
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Well done Aly :clapping: bet you are glad thats over with!
yes very....:jump for joy:

tulip0803
11-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Well done. Glad it is finally out of the way.

Penny1959
11-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Very well Done - no matter what they check or don't check - it is a relief to get it over and done with. I wonder if Ofsted will go the same way - as heard they are making some changes - but not holding my breath.

Well done again

Penny :)

jelly15
11-11-2011, 07:54 PM
She said the 4's will never be classed as 5's but all that is still in process and not finalised.

Sorry to be thick, does this mean that when a child is 4 and in full time education they are still in our under 5 numbers and taking up a full days space?

manjay
11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry to be thick, does this mean that when a child is 4 and in full time education they are still in our under 5 numbers and taking up a full days space?

Essentially that is what the new National Minimum Standards says. There are quite a few other threads in this section that will give you an idea where we are up to with trying to get this changed.

tulip0803
11-11-2011, 09:40 PM

As Manjay says children in Wales are either under or over 5 whether in school or not:( . So yes 4 year olds in full-time school do take up a under 5 space:( . They missed the clause about children under 5 in full-time education from the NMS in April this year.

Our lovely Manjay:clapping: and the NCMA:clapping: are working hard at getting the clause put back in but until then 4 year olds are under 5s in numbers.

webbthomas
15-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Fab news Aly - well done you x:clapping:

flowerpots
15-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Well done Aly. :clapping: