PDA

View Full Version : Sorry! another question on obs

charlieamber
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Trying to sort out my mindees folders for obs, and was wondering if there is a certain way to display it?

As in do all the obs have to be in each section of developement that I have observed, or do they need to be in timeline ( ie from today onwards) ?

Also does it matter if you do too many obs:blush: ?

Mindee started on Monday and have already written up 3 obs:laughing:

Want to also put in folder WOW moments, so can I put these inbetween obs sheets:panic: , OMG I will get my head around all this one day, I am sure LOL

Been minding for a total of 21 years out of 27, just back into minding after a 3 year break, so am really confident on all the contracts etc, just not the eyfs stuff:blush:

sarah707
10-11-2011, 06:14 PM
There is no way you have to do it.

I file mine in date order so you can see clearly how the child has progressed over time.

Also most obs link to more than 1 area of learning and development at a time.

Hth :D

butterfly
11-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I put mine in in date order with wow moments and extra stuff put in in date order too. I like to show the progression over time and most obs link to more than one area.

maisiemog
11-11-2011, 11:07 AM
My learning journeys are all in date order as well to show progress. Also means that I can show I have followed through with what I mention as the next step after the observation!

My LJs also used to be quite detailed and in depth. Have scaled that back now that I have 5 EYFS kiddies, else I wouldnt ever have time to do anything else!!!

Mrs Argyle
13-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I have changed the way I show my obs again, now I put a photo of child or a piece of artwork in a scrapbook and a few lines next to it about what child is doing and a area/areas it covers, I have bought some heart/star shape post it notes and WOW moments are written on those and stuck in book so far this seems to be working :jump for joy:

Mrs Argyle
13-11-2011, 01:15 PM
P.s my last inspection grade is outstanding ! how can I change this on my details :littleangel: