PDA

View Full Version : Have phone call

John
15-05-2008, 09:45 PM
This morning at 8.30am i had a phone call from a parent to look after their three year old, i give the parent my prices, and she asked about dinner times this is when i might of put the parent off, as i said i don't do cooked meals only uncooked and said your welcome to have the child to bring a packed lunch. I don't do cooked lunchies as i'm always out with the children even is the weather is bad as we will go to a children's centre.

After this the parent said can i ring you back a 9.00am but no phone call? and the price i charge is the same off every childminding in my town. Why do parents do this on you not getting back it would of been nice if the parent phoned and let me know why. Do you think it was not me doing a cooked meal?

John.

chez1373
15-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear that John some parents are like that they want you to do everything and anything if they think it will make their lives easier...

Hopefully she will call back and if not it will be her loss good luck xx

wendywu
15-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I dont often cook lunch time, but in the evening. You cant please all of the people all of the time. And with some parents you can never please them full stop.

But she may gey back to you.:)

miffy
15-05-2008, 10:06 PM
This does happen a lot John - especially if parents are ringing round lots of childminders

Hope she gets back to you

miffy xx

chez1373
15-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I have maybe cooked 2/3 times at dinner i always do hot tea. and a sunday dinner on sundays thats it never had a complaint yet...

cherryt
15-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I expect they are just getting an idea of what minders in the area are offering, most children arrive at a childminders in my area with a lunch box filled with 'cold' lunch. If she does not ring back then it is not to be and there will be a better opportunity for you just around the corner.

And I agree some parents want the happy play time with their children and not the stressful mealtimes (its green i don't eat green stuff) and try it on with regard to minders giving a hot meal at lunch time so that Mum can give sarnies or cereals at tea time.

sarah707
16-05-2008, 06:41 AM
I think that particular parent was possibly looking for something different, but that's just one family John, there are lots of others out there who want the service you have to offer, so don't worry about it... their loss :D

angeldelight
16-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Never mind John im sure someone else will call

This happens a lot and if she was just ringing around finding out prices etc you never know she might get back to you

I know some parents are rude though and say they will get back to you but dont

Put it down to experience if she does not get back to you

Hope you are ok anyway

Angel xx

Polly2
16-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't do cooked lunch either John.

Like everyone has said she may be still ringing round. She may still get back to you - you never know.

Parents don't realise sometimes how much we stress do they??