PDA

View Full Version : Sleep solutions

loopyloopy
09-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi all

One of my mindees has moved into a bed from a cot at home. She usually sleeps in a travel cot with me but i cant help but think thats a step back for her now, so........

Whats the next best thing? I dont really want a ready bed as I dont really want to be blowing it up everyday and I dont want anything too big or im not sure mum would like a sleep mat.

Is there anything else?? Im guessing not but you never know unless you ask :D

AliceK
09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
As soon as my mindees are in a normal bed or mum advises that they are climbing out of their cot they sleep on a sleep mat in the playroom although most of the time they seem to time their sleeps to sleep in the buggy when we are out and about. TBH I've never actually asked parents if this is ok it's just what I do and they've never complained. I don't really have any other option tbh

xxx

QualityCare
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Once out of cot l put them on the sofa to sleep.

Ali56
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I tend to go with the mindee's and what they like. I had one mindee who was in a bed at home by 2yrs but slept in the travel cot at mine till he was 31/2!! It was his wish, the travel cot huge. He never climbed out and liked it! Other mindee's prefer to be on the sofa or in a pram from around 20-24 months. Very much 'child led' here! :D

sarah707
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a sofa bed or they go outside in the buggy well wrapped up.

They are more portable for school runs that way as well :D

Helen79
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I'd go with what's safest for your house and what suits you and mindee. My mindee co-sleeps in a bed at home but has always been happy to sleep in a travel cot here. She sleeps in my bedroom and although she'd be happy to sleep on a sleeping mat, I know that she's safer in the cot.
I think if she stayed sleeping in a travel cot at yours then it's not a step backwards for using a bed at home as they get used to the different routines

The Juggler
09-11-2011, 10:17 PM
my 2 x 2 1/2 year olds currently sleep on twin single beds in my dd's room. I just put a clean sheet over the bedding on the bed and they have their blankie on top.

I also have used the sofa in the past.

:thumbsup: