PDA

View Full Version : Phones - requirements

keeks
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Am I right in thinking we must have a house phone for fire regulations? Or have I misunderstood, and we just need any phone and a mobile will do?

xx

JCrakers
09-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Im not sure on the requirements but would have thought a mobile was ok...as long as you know where it is at all times..
I'm always leaving mine in my coat pocket and then remember its there a couple of hours later.
:D

Becci26
09-11-2011, 10:14 AM
I understand it that you must have a corded house phone in case of emergency and power cuts etc aswell as mobile but could be wrong lol!

Tink
09-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I had the fire brigade here last week and the fire man went through a home safety check with emergency evacuation routes etc.
He said a mobile phone is a must because when there is a fire the cord to the telephone would be easily burn through. HTH

sarah707
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I understand it that you must have a corded house phone in case of emergency and power cuts etc aswell as mobile but could be wrong lol!

That is my understanding as well :D

stardust
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
There is no point in having a house phone in an emergency simply because If the house is on fire you are hardly going to stand there with your mindees or leave them outside and go back in to ring the fire brigade!