PDA

View Full Version : Starting to feel guilty!!

Wendy Woo
15-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I have been looking after a 7yr old boy who lets say has rather challenging behaviour at times. It has got to the point now where we have more bad than good and he has started to hit my son and verbally abuse me. Nothing major but still!!!! It has got to the ppoint where he has to sit at the table and miss out on everthin but i also have to stand there and watch him like a hawk as the other day he threw a chair aceoss the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I decided to give notice and am fin ishin next week but the past 2 days he has been ok and ive not really had any problems!!! I am startin to feel a bit bad as he has had a lot of changes recently and im gonna cause another one! But then i think of wot he has done and i think im making the right choice!! But ah ah ah ah aha ah ah ah ah ah ah ah i just ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Im sure im right

mum22
15-05-2008, 08:50 PM
You shouldnt feel guilty - what if he threw a chair and seriously hurt another mindee - does he tell you why he gets so angry ?

x helen

Pipsqueak
15-05-2008, 08:51 PM
You have done the right thing - it was a brave decision :clapping:

You have put yourself and family first and thats why you work from home

Wendy Woo
15-05-2008, 08:53 PM
You shouldnt feel guilty - what if he threw a chair and seriously hurt another mindee - does he tell you why he gets so angry ?

x helen

Nope all i get is i dont know!!! I wish i could help but ur right. i think at the mo he only goes for my son as he knows that will get to me more. he is far from silly!!!!!

Wendy Woo
15-05-2008, 08:54 PM
You have done the right thing - it was a brave decision :clapping:

You have put yourself and family first and thats why you work from home

Thank you. i know deep down im right i think!!!

Trouble
15-05-2008, 08:54 PM
you have to trust you instincts they guide you through life

you will feel better when he has gone just keep smiling

charleyfarley
15-05-2008, 09:03 PM
You have done the right thing, no doubt about it.

Imagine if he hit someone with the chair

Think of yourself and your family

It is hard though, I gave notice last week, hated doing it but so relieved and happy now

Take care

Carol xxx

wendywu
15-05-2008, 09:09 PM
You have done the right thing. Keeping him would have harmed your business in the long run. Better safe than sorry.:)

Rach30
15-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Definately go with your gut instinct . Imagine if you kept him on and he hurt your son ? you'd feel terrible. Well done for making a brave discion that is the best for your family :) good for you:thumbsup:

mummyspice
15-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't feel guilty, you've got to think of your own children
Lisa x

miffy
15-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Don't beat yourself up about this.

I'm sure you've done the right thing for you, your family and your other mindees.

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
15-05-2008, 09:42 PM
hugs hun xx

you cannot work with a child doing this, I shudder to think what could of happened:panic:

Gherkin
15-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Wendy you and I both know that you are doing the rigth thing. If it helps I had a hell of an afternoon with J (who threw books, and wooden stands for a puzzle at our telly!) and explained to his father tonight that we really need to review the situation. His dad wants me to persevere but we will see.

Don't stress just think of the relief!

cherryt
15-05-2008, 11:02 PM
you have done the right thing, I was in a similar situation a few years ago, (my first mindee) my husband wanted me to give notice but I thought that doing that was giving up on the child.

In the end the parents gave me notice and sent him to an after school club (he was asked to leave shortly after)

It still aggravates me because I feel that I was duped into looking after him in the first place.

Think of your family first, because your clients will put themselves first every time and leave you high and dry, he is their responsibility not yours.

If your own son is being bullied by the child he will think that you care for the other boy more than him, stick to your notice period, something better will come along.