PDA

View Full Version : How to charge for 11-1?

jadavi
08-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi I have a little one requested from 11 till 1 once a week while his brother gets a swim lesson.
I'm also having both of them after school one night 4-6.30

I am filling up now so that lunchtime slot will take up a place. Should I charge for half a day? My hours are 8-5 and my fee £3.50 an hour
Would that be £15.75 a half day? Wouldnt the half day have to end by 12.30?

Getting boggled! Advice much apprec!

Also do people ever charge for half an hour or do you always charge minimum one hour? (So I would charge the 4.-6.30 as 3 hours?)

JCrakers
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
That's a toughie...very small hours taking up potentially a full day place. But then will mum want to pay all that...probably not

I would like to say charge more but there's a fine line as to what she will be willing to pay

Not much help...sorry :D

Yes...from 3.30-6pm I charge 3 hrs

The Juggler
08-11-2011, 10:20 PM
i might tell her you will do it for now but that if you get asked to do a full day with someone that you will give her first refusal to pay a whole day or min of say 5/6 hours. You may lose her that way but this will be better than later on you feeling bad about having this conversation when you need to charge her a full day or alternatively giving her notice so you can take on a full day child.:)

jadavi
08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks . Good advice. Think I'll charge my occasional rate which is £5 hour and warn her i may need to offer half day if someone else wants the place.
Cheers guys x

Toothfairy
09-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I charge by the session.
8am - 1pm and 1pm - 6pm
The parents either book 1 or 2 sessions per day and it is up to them what time they use up within that session.

So for me, my 8am - 1pm session would be £18

Otherwise I would have 3hrs wasted that I would not be able to earn from.

HTH :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
If you have the space available now I would put it to mum that you can do it for (how ever much you decide) for now, but as you get busier you may have to look at it again and either charge more or maybe she will have to make alternative arrangements!!

For the afterschool as its only 1 day a week I would definately charge the 3 hours. In fact if your normal hours are only till 5, I would even be inclined to charge an enhanced rate after 5 :rolleyes: