PDA

View Full Version : Parking restrictions

Emyorkie
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi
My name is Emily and I am currently going through the registration process :panic: .
I live in Holt, Wrexham - is anyone childminding around this area?

I am due to go to the planning dept to check if there is anything preventing my house from being registered. Is there any restrictions on parking? I have no private drive but there is parking available near my house.

Thanks

Emily

QualityCare
09-11-2011, 11:20 AM
As long as there are no parking restrictions in place, i.e resident permit holders only or general restrictions between certain hours then there shouldn't be any parking problems.

manjay
09-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I am quite close to you but in Flintshire so I don't have any experience with Wrexham Council. I have a drive but it is not available to parents as it has my car in it. This was not a problem at planning stage.

What you may find is that they might restrict the number of children you may care for so this limits the parking on the road.

Have you checked with the NCMA contact in Wrexham to see if she has any experience?

Let me know how you get on and I can do some more checks for you if necessary.

Good luck with your registration:thumbsup:

tulip0803
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I am in Carmarthenshire and had to fill in a similar form asking about how many extra car journeys would be taking place to and from my house. I said it would depend on how many drove, how many walked, how many took the bus and whether their would be any siblings but the maximum would be 6 children/cars (Carmarthenshire have this limit on minded children). I also had to draw a lovely diagram to show where they can stop and drop off. I do have a drive but could not accomodate 6 cars dropping or collecting at the same time. I was allowed maximum numbers and my house is just past a bend on the main road and opposite a turning. Oh there is also no footpath.

Good luck with your registration.