PDA

View Full Version : Self assessment?

fionamadcat
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok received my letter today from care inspectorate saying that I need to fill in my self assessment within the next 3 weeks (letter dated 1/11/11 only received today!) Have gone onto the eforms on their website but can't see the self assessment anywhere. Am I being stupid? It's not in the current documents part or submitted. Can someone help?

Thanks

Amyclark32
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi i would maybe just give them a call. Im just registered and its in my eforms already. x

Demonjill
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Mine is there too. Got the letter also but there is rumour going around that some letters were sent out in error!! So i would phone to check:thumbsup:

danasdaycare
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
On another forum some people are saying it is a mistake, so it is best to call. There seemed to be a mass mail!

However, I seem to not have received mine eek confused lol

Give your local office a call where your inspector is based

danasdaycare
10-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Realised that sa is in e-forms now! Will call my office tomorrow:rolleyes:

Demonjill
10-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Yep rumours are true - i got a letter today to say the previous letter was sent out in error!:D

fionamadcat
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Yep it was sent out in error!! Called them then received letter the same day!

Fairy Tanya
23-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi, I just spoke to the inspector - who will be giving me my first proper inspection whith children in my care, she asked if I had done my SEF. I said I hadn't done an online one at the ofsted site, as not had the time. I then asked if it is legal requirement to do an SEF at the ofsted online site. She said, tho it is a legeal requirement to do an SEF, it doesn't have to be on the Ofsted site. So I said ok, but I do have one on my computer. she said as long as I have one done, that I can give to her when she comes to visit that is ok.

Tanya

sarah707
23-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi, I just spoke to the inspector - who will be giving me my first proper inspection whith children in my care, she asked if I had done my SEF. I said I hadn't done an online one at the ofsted site, as not had the time. I then asked if it is legal requirement to do an SEF at the ofsted online site. She said, tho it is a legeal requirement to do an SEF, it doesn't have to be on the Ofsted site. So I said ok, but I do have one on my computer. she said as long as I have one done, that I can give to her when she comes to visit that is ok.

Tanya

Tanya this thread is about the Scottish system of inspection and the self assessment form they have to complete for the Care Inspectorate.

It's different in England... here the sef is not a statutory document and it does not have to be completed before inspection.

However having said that it is an important part of self reflection and you should make some attempt at it either on paper or online.

Hth :D