PDA

View Full Version : nvq level 3 help please (struggling)

lou lou
08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
anyone point me in the right direction please my task is to do a report of the differing theories of development to include cognitve, psychoarnalytical, humanist, social learning, operant conditioning, behaviourist, social pedagogy and how they inflence current practises. Any help i would be greatful struggling with this one.

JCrakers
08-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Phew..I'm so glad I did my training years ago...that has just gone right over my head....
I'm struggling at the moment to keep up with my 12yr olds homework....It was fractions last night :blush:

Hope someone can help
xx

uf353432
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
do you have the supporting notes for your level 3 for the actual questions?

On the supporting notes they should give you the various theorists names - then you can research the various theorists online or in your Level 3 text book to briefly outline which one it falls into. For example Watson and Skinner were behaviourists.

Gracie's mamma
08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
anyone point me in the right direction please my task is to do a report of the differing theories of development to include cognitve, psychoarnalytical, humanist, social learning, operant conditioning, behaviourist, social pedagogy and how they inflence current practises. Any help i would be greatful struggling with this one.

what unit is it ??

T0ffee
08-11-2011, 02:09 PM
You need to look up theorists including paiget, montesorri, vygosky, bruner etc, you will see that these people are relevant to theories of learning for young children.

Have a look at the eyfs and montesorri and you will see how these relate to current practices within the learning e.g. Learning through play, learning from more able others.

The Juggler
08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
use google scholar online hon, that should give you plenty of information.:)

Nature'sKids!
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
You need to look up theorists including paiget, montesorri, vygosky, bruner etc, you will see that these people are relevant to theories of learning for young children.

Have a look at the eyfs and montesorri and you will see how these relate to current practices within the learning e.g. Learning through play, learning from more able others.

Yep was going to say pretty much the same thing.
A great book to read on the subject with TONS of references is a's praise and gold stars, punished by rewards by Alfie Kohn.
It's about behaviourism and conditioning and how exactly praise and rewards and punishment works and why / why not we should do it.
Montessori is a good starting point as she revolutionised the setting that children came to learn in.