PDA

View Full Version : What toys do i need to invest in?

JCrakers
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi,

All the older children I mind have been coming for 3-4yrs and the longer I have them obviously the older they become. They range between 6yrs and 9yrs and are all 6 of them are boys.....
I have a rule of not taking any older children on as I end up filling all the spaces and its the little ones I'm really loving looking after, plus I find the older ones soon get bored and start racing around the house which I don't allow.

Now the weather has turned the park is out of the question as they all have their uniforms on and its on the way home from school and its just a mud bath and its cold for the little ones as the park is an older childrens park and it gets full with school children.
I dont have much time to get crafts out as I'm getting tea and watching the younger children. What do you have for older children? They all enjoy watching TV and dont really want to do too much after a hard day at school.

Becky

Boris
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
My after schoolies do craft but nothing too messy! I don't get paint out, just glue and a variety of sticking things! Sometimes playdough. They are allowed to watch TV or DVD and if my DS is here he sometimes gets the wii out and they play that with him. The boys seem to spend ages entertaining themselves with Bumpeez at the moment! I don't see the appeal myself.

Nature'sKids!
08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Although I don't normally encourage computer games, if you've got the money, a Wii with group games so they can play together?
Also, BOARD GAMES!!
there's some lovely ones on here:
Www.myriadonline.co.uk - look under cooperative games for nobody loses / wins games. Their competitive games range is lovely too. Amazon is a good place to look for HABA games - these are high quality, award winning games! My favourite is "orchard"
Big bonus - they're unisex :)
Also construction kits like Lego, knex, magnetix, kapla planks,...

PixiePetal
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Although I don't normally encourage computer games, if you've got the money, a Wii with group games so they can play together?
Also, BOARD GAMES!!
there's some lovely ones on here:
Www.myriadonline.co.uk - look under cooperative games for nobody loses / wins games. Their competitive games range is lovely too. Amazon is a good place to look for HABA games - these are high quality, award winning games! My favourite is "orchard"
Big bonus - they're unisex :)
Also construction kits like Lego, knex, magnetix, kapla planks,...

some lovely games there, thanks